Stuck

Options
I have been overweight most of my life, though I was alright with it. I was proportionate, I didn't look sloppy and I was OK with that. Twice in my 20's I went through some major life events and gained 100 lbs, then lost 80. Five years ago I quit smoking cold turkey but this time I gained a whole lot of weight. I'm older now and can't seem to lose it. I'm stuck. I've always lost weight on my own, no friends or community and it's not cutting it this time. So I'm trying a different approach and seeking all the help and encouragement I can get. Please feel free to add me, I am tired of feeling alone with this problem and stuck. Thanks. BlueVixen77

Replies

• seasidebrookie
    seasidebrookie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :)
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Stupid getting older; I feel your pain :)
  • bluevixen77
    bluevixen77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know! What the heck? I just keep gaining and losing and gaining the same 8lbs. I'm finally at least almost under 300 lbs and I just can't seem to get there! I don't understand.
  • bronx3140
    bronx3140 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also really frustrated. I keep kicking around the same weight although I have to say in the past the only way I've lost or maintained is by working really hard and I'm not doing that. I'm following a 1,500 calorie diet and that's about it. Haven't been moving my body nearly enough and certainly not working out.
    I guess I was hoping that consistent diet would do the trick. At first at least. But the scale is telling me otherwise. I don't have the willpower and drive I used to have so I'm just doing what I can. That being said, let's not undervalue the fact that we're not gaining weight; we could be having this discussion 5 or 10 (or more) pounds heavier. Ya know?
  • bluevixen77
    bluevixen77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very true. Two years ago I was stuck like this at 332 lbs and I thought it would never drop. I seem to be holding weight for dear life. First at 320lbs then at 314 lbs now at 310lbs. So slow, but at least it's moving in the right direction. Thanks everyone!!!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have also gone up and down up and down! lol
    Luckily I am quite proportionate so I could carry my weight quite well..but it still doesn't make me feel great.
    I have also lost 80lb before..i'm not surprised you put on weight from quitting smoking..it definitely helped keep my weight off when I was slim.
    If you make some really good friends here, you will have a great support system and it will motivate you to log in everyday and keep at it - especially if you open your diary so others can see, and you post little statuses on your profile. Sort of like having someone to report to, lol. Helps keep you in check!
    Well done for doing it on your own before, so have I. - But I decided to join the community this time around too, and to be honest, it's really quite nice!