Looking for Insanity partners

Options

Replies

• cardertaxidermy
    cardertaxidermy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cardio Power and Resistance today. I didn't feel like I had much energy this morning. I pushed thru and got sweaty but didn't feel u was up to my full potential. Tomorrow is my first Pure Cardio doing Cardio Abs with it. I believe that is a 55 minute work out. Hopefully I have my energy back by then cause I will probably need it. pure Cardio kicks my butt alone. Hope everyone has a great day. Push Play!!!!!!!
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    nitesky83 wrote: »
    I am on day 5 and I am loving how sore my body is lol I had been working out for 2 months before this and never felt this insanely tired/sore. Hoping for awesome results!!!
    I know what you mean. I tried insanity before and only made it thru the first week. This time around I had been working and and weight training for 3 months before. I thought it would be easier. Boy was I wrong. I could barely walk the first week.
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs done. What a sweat!!!!! So Glad tomorrow is a rest day. My body needs it. It will be interesting see my fit test results on Monday. How is everyone else doing?????
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi @cardertaxidermy, looking forward to week 2 here. Hoping for some signs of improvement this week to boost my confidence. Good luck with the fit test tomorrow! ☺️
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you! I just started today with the fit test.
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Does anyone replace the recovery day videos on Thursday with something else? I get very bored with those. I was thinking about doing pure cardio instead tomorrow.

I've started insanity several times and also skip the recovery day videos because I get bored. This time my plan is to replace it with yoga.
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    I think I am going to start replacing it as well. With one of the other videos as long as I'm not sore.
  • unnichacko
    unnichacko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I alternate Insanity with T25.
    But I am thinking of doing Insanity for the next 63 days straight.
    What're you guys' First Week Fitness Test Result?
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    How do you all log your insanity workouts?
    I alternate between logging it as Aerobics, and as circuit training, but I don't know which one is more accurate.
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    How do you all log your insanity workouts?
    I alternate between logging it as Aerobics, and as circuit training, but I don't know which one is more accurate.

I log as Arabic also. I don't know if it's accurate hopefully it's under not over!!!!
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Finished my fit Test for the beginning of week 3. Here are my results. I will just post how many more reps I got for each exercise

Switch Kicks - 10 more
    Power Jacks - 6 more
    Power Knees - 4 more
    Power Jumps - 4 more
    Globe Jumps - 4 more
    Suicide Jumps - 3 more
    Push up Jacks - 9 more
    Low Plank Obliques - 10 more

So glad to see improvement in just 2 weeks.

• mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I just started my fit test today as well, can I join? I really want to stick to the 60 days. I did the 30 day shred a few years ago and had good results, but I've tried to start it several times since and quit as I get bored. It's my first time starting insanity and I REALLY want to stick to the 60 days! I have a holiday in 2 Weeks and am planning to take the DVD's with me and keep going... Also try and eat as well as I can. I don't have a weight loss goal for the program as I don't know what my body will do, but I have an overall weight loss goal of around 30-35lbs. I've been eating clean since last week and already lost 3lbs so I'm feeling good!

I'm Not gonna lie I'm scared about keeping up with Insanity, but I really want to prove to myself I CAN do this, and I CAN be leaner and fitter.

Here's my fit test results... they are probably rubbish haha!

Switch kicks - 30 -

Power jacks - 29 -

Power knees - 71 -

Power jumps - 6 -

Globe jumps - 8 -

Suicide jumps - 7

Push up jacks - 4

Lower plank oblique - 14
  • unnichacko
    Options
    lozzle22 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!! I just started my fit test today as well, can I join? I really want to stick to the 60 days. I did the 30 day shred a few years ago and had good results, but I've tried to start it several times since and quit as I get bored. It's my first time starting insanity and I REALLY want to stick to the 60 days! I have a holiday in 2 Weeks and am planning to take the DVD's with me and keep going... Also try and eat as well as I can. I don't have a weight loss goal for the program as I don't know what my body will do, but I have an overall weight loss goal of around 30-35lbs. I've been eating clean since last week and already lost 3lbs so I'm feeling good!

I'm Not gonna lie I'm scared about keeping up with Insanity, but I really want to prove to myself I CAN do this, and I CAN be leaner and fitter.

Here's my fit test results... they are probably rubbish haha!

Switch kicks - 30 -

Power jacks - 29 -

Power knees - 71 -

Power jumps - 6 -

Globe jumps - 8 -

Suicide jumps - 7

Push up jacks - 4

Lower plank oblique - 14

Today was my Day 3. So we are in the same page. Lets keep each other motivated. Yay!
  • jordanamrussell
    jordanamrussell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just did the fit test yesterday. I've done some insanity before but this time I'm committing to doing the full program. Feel free to add me :)
  • cardertaxidermy
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So glad to see people joining us!!!! I would love for this group to get really active and support each other.

Finished Week 3 day 2 today. I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. What a sweat that worked up. I still have to take a lot of breaks, not sure if that will ever change. Some of those exercises I just can't do for a minute straight. I haven't seen any weight loss yet. Actually I have gained 3 lbs HA. But I did increase calories because I figured I would need the extra energy. I honestly am not really looking to lose weight just tone up but I know I have to get rid of the layer of fat to appear tone.
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Just finished day 2 and maaaaaan I can feel it in my legs. I had to take a lot of breaks but I kept jumping in at the beginning of each set and doing as much as I could. Is it normal that the first week is awful and I potentially can't do everything because of sore muscles? Does it get easier after week 1? I'm so excited to be on this journey though. Even though it was SO hard, I just kept feeling all my fat flying around and thinking how I was getting rid of it hahahaha!
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lozzle22 wrote: »
    Just finished day 2 and maaaaaan I can feel it in my legs. I had to take a lot of breaks but I kept jumping in at the beginning of each set and doing as much as I could. Is it normal that the first week is awful and I potentially can't do everything because of sore muscles? Does it get easier after week 1? I'm so excited to be on this journey though. Even though it was SO hard, I just kept feeling all my fat flying around and thinking how I was getting rid of it hahahaha!

I felt the same as you! lol My calves hurt so much when I started and I couldn't keep up with the workouts but it does get better! I notice my legs aren't as sore and I can almost keep up with them. I'm on week 2.

I also feel like my fat is flying around all the time especially on my legs when im jumping around hahaha
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Morning All! Having missed a workout, tweeting my neck and not giving 100% last week, I've decided to restart Week 1. So Day 2 is in the books (again). ;)
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    I felt the same as you! lol My calves hurt so much when I started and I couldn't keep up with the workouts but it does get better! I notice my legs aren't as sore and I can almost keep up with them. I'm on week 2.

I also feel like my fat is flying around all the time especially on my legs when im jumping around hahaha

Haha that's good to know!! I will just keep pressing on with week 1 and do what I can... I am actually so excited to start feeling stronger though

• unnichacko
    Options
    Tomorrow's my Cardio Recovery. I am really looking forward to this active rest day. Also, clean eating is a must. I have been pigging out since insanity. Must control mouth. LoL.