Ballerina Tea

Options
i have never tried it, and I know that it is not good to rely on laxatives to lose weight. But I know it cleanses your colon and excess water. Has anyone ever tried it?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nope. Green tea makes me puke (really).
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you have problems with constipation drink more water, eat more fiber, move more and try taking some magnesium supplements if you are not getting enough through food - they are part of most multi-vitamins. That will get you going. No need for laxatives. Using laxatives ultimately has an adverse effect that it makes constipation issues worse and you have to take them all the time to be able to go at all. And yes, excess water? They can dehydrate you...that is not excess water...we don't normally hold excess water other than normal daily fluctuations. And they are just that..normal! No need to fix anything unless you have a medical condition that makes you retain water...in which case it's also not fixed with laxatives.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Laxative abuse is not okay.

And no professional dancer worth their salt would drink a tea like that. They have to be fit and strong.
  • aflies
    aflies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I drink ballerina tea daily, hot never cold (yuck). The taste definitely takes some getting used to though. I like to add honey.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    But I know it cleanses your colon

Have you ever seen a clean colon?
  • courtneydave48
    courtneydave48 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

I've never seen a colon period. Have you?
  • courtneydave48
    Options
    If you have problems with constipation drink more water, eat more fiber, move more and try taking some magnesium supplements if you are not getting enough through food - they are part of most multi-vitamins. That will get you going. No need for laxatives. Using laxatives ultimately has an adverse effect that it makes constipation issues worse and you have to take them all the time to be able to go at all. And yes, excess water? They can dehydrate you...that is not excess water...we don't normally hold excess water other than normal daily fluctuations. And they are just that..normal! No need to fix anything unless you have a medical condition that makes you retain water...in which case it's also not fixed with laxatives.

I do not have constipation, and by excess water I mean bloat. I have a very clean diet and exercise regularly, but I'm always bloated.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Your colon cleans itself, please do some reading about cleanses. They are so beyond unnecessary. If you're constipated look into your food choices and find the cause. Laxatives don't solve the issue.
  • courtneydave48
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok, I see that some people have chosen not to read the post.I came here for opinions on the tea. I have done research on cleanses and I have said that I'm not constipated, so please move on from that. I was not looking to start drinking tea daily or even weekly, so I am not abusing laxatives. And sarcastic comments are not necessary either. So please answer the original post.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    From a google search it looks like the ingredient in this tea that causes "weight loss" is Senna, which is a laxative. So all of the posts above that talk about the risks of taking laxatives are completely accurate and called for. If you're not constipated, there is no reason to take a laxative. If you feel bloated, talk to your doctor.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    The fluid/weight you lose from a laxative will come back as soon as you drink/eat.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Ok, I see that some people have chosen not to read the post.I came here for opinions on the tea. I have done research on cleanses and I have said that I'm not constipated, so please move on from that. I was not looking to start drinking tea daily or even weekly, so I am not abusing laxatives. And sarcastic comments are not necessary either. So please answer the original post.

It wasn't until your 3rd post, that you made us aware; that you aren't constipated & that you're just bloated. Some people don't read through an entire thread, so most of the answers you receive'll be due to; your 1st post. So as an FYI, be as specific as possible; when starting a thread.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    There's no point of taking laxatives unless you are very constipated or you are prepping for a colonoscopy or a similar test
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    If you are bloated drink more water and reduce your carbs. Don't drink a laxative tea. It will just cause diarrhea and you won't lose any more than water weight. It will come back as soon as you start eating or drinking again.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you want to "cleanse your colon", schedule a colonoscopy - might as well get it checked if you're going to go through the prep. LOL And that's the only reason I can think of why you'd want it "cleansed" or clean.
    cityruss wrote: »

I've never seen a colon period. Have you?

I have! My husband has had many colonoscopies due to ulcerative colitis, and I've seen all the pictures of healthy and unhealthy, and very very clean - that prep stuff they give ya does the job! LOL

That being said, you do not want to mess with your digestive health with laxative teas or any other nonsense. It does not need to be cleansed - if it's healthy, it does the job on it's own. The last photo I have of my husband's colon is of it laying on a tray in the operating room, and he now lives with just his small intestine, which can be an adventure at times. :tongue:

Take care of your gut and the rest of your body by eating proper amounts of good foods - no gimmicks, no quick fixes, no cleanses. Eat well, exercise, drink water, get good sleep.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I have also seen my colon (Crohn's here)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't think ballerinas take laxatives... I can't imagine that going well during performance... The horror.

For bloat, water and green tea are good.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've known my share of dancers, and none of them would drink anything like this.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    If you're bloated and have some inflammation of the intestine walls the laxative will only make it worse. It is for bad constipation. Not for bloating.