Hungry 3pm

Options
I am having a problem I work second shift and I eat well before I go work but I'm starving at like 3:30-4:00 pm. Like I need full meal hungry. I eat popcorn protein bar. Help

Replies

• KyraWilliamsFitness
    Options
    I would suggest something more like a meal. A snack that includes protein, fat and carbs. Perhaps a Greek yogurt with berries and nuts. Or carrots with hummus and two hard boiled eggs. If you are hungry your body is asking for food.
  • dtorrey
    dtorrey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will try yogurt ty.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Consider, too, experimenting with the timing and composition of your other meals/snacks to see if that will cut down your hunger at that time of day.

I found I need to eat a solid breakfast with plenty of protein, then sufficient protein throughout the day, in order to stay satiated. But other people do better with different eating schedules.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I eat a meal with protein/fat/carb at 4 pm because that is my hungriest time of day. Then I eat a much smaller dinner that is more like a snack (although still protein/fat/carb.

This is just my schedule! I also find eating a good breakfast helps me manage my hunger all day (but I know everyone is not the same in this regard).
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    OP, time for you to differentiate your "hungry feeling" and your real need of foods. Feeling hungry while being properly nourished within x hours is perfectly OK and you should learn to tolerate it.

But if you'ven't had foods in a long time and started to get dizzy, shaky affecting your work/movement, then you should eat, but don't overeat. Experiment with different amount of calories, eg 300, 400, 500.

At the end of day, depending on your discipline and lifestyle, you could either complete your daily allowance or bank the calories for next day.

• dtorrey
    dtorrey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ty everyone for your help.