anyone else doing thinner leaner stronger?

Options
lassisar
lassisar Posts: 14 Member
I've had some success losing weight before with MFP because it makes it so easy to track everything. But it's been several years and the weight has come back with friends.

I just started thinner leaner stronger with Michael Matthews. I hit the gym pretty hard Sunday and Monday after being a devoted couch potato for the last I don't know four years maybe. Muscles I didn't even know I had hurt I've never really done free weights before I've always done machines and Cardio.

A little about me I'm a single mom and I survived law school as a single mom and that first terrible year as a first-year associate working 80-plus hours per week. My oldest is about to graduate from high school next month and has a scholarship for a college in state. My youngest is about to turn 16 and is excited about being a junior in high school next year. My boss doesn't threaten to fire me everyday anymore.

Now I feel like it's my turn to take care of me.

Replies

• looc1478
    looc1478 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • doaasberry
    doaasberry Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Definitely it is time , I feel the same thing, I was with a personal trainer last year and I've had good results ,but it can be costly to depnend on one. Have to do it on my own now my son is about to graduate high school in less than 2 month as well ,and I'm also a single mom. Have accomplished a lot on my own ,def it's me time soon
  • beatkeeper
    beatkeeper Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome you can do this there is a lot of great folks on here to push good luck
  • lassisar
    lassisar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! It's great to know I'm not the only one on this journey. I couldn't do one of the exercises today, but there is a physical therapist in my gym. He said my shoulder is a little frozen. I knew it was wonkey, but didn't know why. Anyway, I'll have to work on that before I can do much else with the shoulders, but I'll keep up with the other exercises.