Favorite "Omelette" Type Egg Ingredients?

Options
What are your favorite healthy mix-ins for eggs?

I've only ever really put bacon in my eggs and I'm looking for things that could bulk up scrambled eggs in the morning. Specifically ingredients that will do well being put in the microwave (that's often how I do my scrambled eggs when I'm rushing in the morning).

Thank you!!!

Replies

• SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend fresh spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese. Very satisfing and filling.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    well sauted veggies are the best so if you made some at the beginning of the week you will have fillers for a few days. I like orange peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, etc. I like feta tomatoes, onions, spinach.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    That's how I usually do my eggs too :-) I like mushrooms in there. They make it take an extra minute, but I love em. A little garlic powder and pepper with em and Breakfast is served in under 4 minutes :-)
  • tdot64
    tdot64 Posts: 19
    Options
    my favorite is i mix corn, spinach, onion, tomato and a tiny bit of smoked turkey luncheon meat. SO delicious :)
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Tonight for dinner I had 1/3 cup egg whites, cooked on a skillet. Then I put about 1/4 cup of black beans mashed up with some spicy chili garlic paste and 1/4 cup of low fat mozzarella on top and folded it over - it was delicious!
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I do alot of egg white omlets myself and vary the things I put in them, from Jimmy dean makes really good turkey sasuage crumbles I like onions and mushrooms also, just started putting kraft 100 calorie cheese in them, or sometimes just add a cpl spoons of salsa. Spinach and mushrooms also make another good omelet!!! Adding tomatoes to any mixture is always good!!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    green peppers, onion, and about an ounce of shredded cheddar cheese. Just be sure to sautee the veggies a little (just sweat 'em out) before you add the eggs. Raw veggies are too bulky with eggs.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmy! My favorites include a bit of sharp cheddar, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and turkey sausage. I usually throw in one patty of Bob Evans' Express ready turkey sausage-- 45 calories and 2 g/fat. Yummmy. :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Red or white onion, halved grape tomatoes, and baby spinach leaves. Garlic powder, a little S&P, onion powder. YUM!
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    Sauteed spinach leaves, mushrooms, peppers, onions, ham, and of course bacon.

Additionally I like sour cream or cream cheese with smoked salmon and chives or spring onions (scallions). I add these after the omelet is out of the pan so they only get heated by the eggs.

I tried smoked trout once, it was good but I couldn't eat a whole package before I got tired of it.

Potatoes that have been sliced pretty thin and cooked are wonderful in omelets with a little cheese and onion, too bad I don't eat them!

Just cheese and sauteed onion is one of my faves of all time.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Twice this week I've sauteed onion and mushroom in Pam, add basil and diced tomato and saute for a minute or so, then add the eggs and cook. The fresh basil makes ALL the difference!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    When I cook scrambled eggs I really love to put smoked salmon in there... it's delicious!
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    In addition to the veggies I like to add half a pack of carl budding ham. 45 calories and I feel like I'm getting a treat.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    salsa - yummy or I get those steamfresh veggies (microwaved) and eat them on the side or in the eggs.
  • Jeshkah
    Jeshkah Posts: 7
    Options

Just cheese and sauteed onion is one of my faves of all time.

Same here :) Simple but delicious! I like eating my omlettes with rice on the side.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    egg whites, arriba salsa (tablespoon) cracked black pepper, fat free chedder cheese, maybe a slice of turkey bacon, or fat free feta cheese. or just egg whites with fat free cheddar on a toasted wholoe grain english muffin! :) now i am hungry:explode:
  • aangrisani
    aangrisani Posts: 92
    Options
    Eggwhite, spinach and feta. I am addicted, eat it for lunch or dinner sometimes!