Non-food ways of celebrating

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
What are some non-food ways of celebrating? I'm expecting to reach my halfway point in less than a month (hopefully!) and I want to celebrate it with my family. My family usually eats out or throws a BBQ for celebration... Sure, we could do a healthy food version of that, but what about non-food-oriented options? Anyone got any great ideas?

Replies

• jbrackett0617
    Options
    Bowling, go-karts, putt putt
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Maybe buy a new board game and play as a family? Or go out bowling, ice- or rollerskating together. Or take some sort of a class together (not sure how old your kids are, but maybe a family cooking class or dance class)?
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    New clothes! Headphones, ipod, tv to see your workouts better:wink: or at least thats what i tell myself
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I would throw myself a dance party, or go dancing somewhere. not only do you have a good time, but you actually can get a fun workout from the dancing ;)
  • aaaaaamyyyyyyy
    Options
    I assume you ate out because you love eating and it's something you can all do together - so use those same criteria and you're away laughing! Anything you love doing that you can do with the ones you love will do the same job as eating used to :)
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Zoo, concert, museum, hike, swimming/waterslides/beach.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Oooh, all great ideas. My favorite were ones that the family can also enjoy, since Mom's diet and exercise changes do tend to affect everyone in the family.

I esp the ones that burn some cals-- golfing, bowling, roller / ice skating all sound like great ways to celebrate.
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    Options
    good question! I've got our anniversary and my birthday in July... staying on track with food and exercise is a must... so then... do what to celebrate?

Maybe just a great walk or hike (I have always hated hiking but I maybe should change that)... some activity that would be fun and then maybe... end with a healthy meal or treat.

Need ideas from others... lets go people! What do you say?

oh... adding that I live in the middle of no where so none of the big city stuff for us.... unless we want to include a 4+ hour round trip drive... not likely! :grumble:
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm going to get a tattoo when I get to my half way point!
    By yourself some flowers...
    Go for a bike ride with an awesome destination- breathtaking destination.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Buy a new outfit
  • cpauscher
    cpauscher Posts: 41
    Options
    First thing I thought of was go bowling or another activity you like to do. Also, you can go to a movie, volunteer at a boys and girls club or nursing home. Maybe a weekend away with your husband. Buy something for you or your home you've always wanted that would be fun for your family.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll ask my family if they'd be up for a swimming trip. :happy: Buying new cloths will be necessary, but I'm not sure if that counts as family celebration... seems more like self celebration (which is great too).