Need advice please! Fitbit Charge HR vs Blaze activity/fitness tracker?

Options
skeltonblues
skeltonblues Posts: 45 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Heard good things about the Fitbit Charge HR, the Blaze and the Surge but I know others like Garmin styles too would love your help!!! ☺️

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What kinds of features are you looking for, what is important to you?

I ended up with a Polar a300 because I wanted a chest-strap heart monitor and I needed my fitness tracker to be waterproof for swimming (warning: fitbits are not waterproof).
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit charge hr its really good acurate and it automaticly syncs my steps and calories burnt to my fitness pal it vibrates every time you reach a goal i only use it for walking tho im not sure if its good for anything els
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR so I can only speak to that. I've had it about a year and I like it. I love charts and graphs and statistics and things and the fitbit app is chock full of them. The social aspect is nice if you're into that. I only have 2 friends so it's not big for me. I find it's pretty accurate with the sleep and stair tracking. Heart rate will not be as accurate as a chest strap so I don't take it as gospel.

The one thing I don't like about it is it doesn't count steps if you are pushing a cart but you can just attach it to your belt loop.

It's pretty easy to take care of, too, just wipe it down with some alcohol every week or so. I haven't had the problems with the strap 'bubbling' like some people have. I did have a rash but I was wearing it too tight.

Also make sure you check sizing. I have very small wrists and when I first started out the Small was almost TOO small (lol). Since I've lost weight it fits fine though.
  • sedhead
    sedhead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit Flex and liked it so I bought a Charge HR. My Charge HR discharged within 2 days from the very beginning. Luckily Fitbit replaced the unit. The PROBLEM was that I had to have them replace it FIVE times before I got a Charge HR that keeps a charge (now lasts 7 days). I know of several folks where I work that had similar issues. I would avoid the Charge HR and do some serious research to make sure the Blaze has not experienced similar issues. Also of note I asked Fitbit for a credit to a different product and they said they could only offer me a 25% discount.
  • mrizzo22
    mrizzo22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Vivosmart HR and I would definitely recommend it. It's lightweight, waterproof and pairs smoothly with my smartphone. The screen is a decent size too compared to its older models.
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    @Kkallisti thank you that is true and yes waterproof would be a great feature I heard the misfit was the best for that or the basis.
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    @mrizzo22 awesome I had read great reviews on the Garmin vivosmart that one in the beginning but so many said they had great luck with the customer service and application was super easy.
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    @Kkallisti thank you that is true and yes waterproof would be a great feature I heard the misfit was the best for that or the basis.

MisFit is fantastic for both pricing and waterproofing, the fitbit surge is like $250 right now. Polar also specializes in waterproofing, but is less "basic" and has more features depending on the model.
  • skeltonblues
    Options
    @Kkallisti what do you think about the blaze lots of charge HR users like it now
  • Dmederos
    Dmederos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use a garmin vivofit2 and i really love it.
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you have made up your mind yet, but I personally use the withings Pulse Ox, I do prefer this model because its accurate and doesnt need to charge as often as a fitbit (and is a little cheaper :p) and it tracks everything :p (steps/running , elevation, distance, kcal burned, sleep, heart beat, and time)
    I think its great you are looking at an activity tracker, for me it really helped motivate me to move around more and even sleep a little better (tracking helped me realize Im not sleeping enough ^_^ ). Good luck
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    @Kkallisti what do you think about the blaze lots of charge HR users like it now

I would go on amazon and look up customer reviews to get an idea of what kind of bugs you may run into.