Nothings Working.. Any advice Appreciated #gettingdesperate

Options
2»

Replies

• JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your input. I will take this advice on board, you're all awesome thank you :):)

I will report back with my results!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Agreed with others... Tighten your logging.

For your goal, just see what MFP tells you. Personally, I wouldn't start with losing 2 pounds a week though, I think it's excessive and the best way to get burned out, especially if you don't have extra calories from exercise. I was 213 pounds when I started and picked the 1 pound a week setting, and it wasn't honestly that hard.

Can you walk though? If so, do that. Walking is great.

And ignore all the advice about limiting carbs. You don't have to, but it's something you should consider if you tend to be hungry (I actually kinda agree with the 'move away from bread and pastries' comment as I always end up being hungry if I have even 200 calories of bread - and forget pastries and their 300-800 calories - and my goal is 1800).
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Agreed with others... Tighten your logging.

For your goal, just see what MFP tells you. Personally, I wouldn't start with losing 2 pounds a week though, I think it's excessive and the best way to get burned out, especially if you don't have extra calories from exercise. I was 213 pounds when I started and picked the 1 pound a week setting, and it wasn't honestly that hard.

Can you walk though? If so, do that. Walking is great.

And ignore all the advice about limiting carbs. You don't have to, but it's something you should consider if you tend to be hungry (I actually kinda agree with the 'move away from bread and pastries' comment as I always end up being hungry if I have even 200 calories of bread - and forget pastries and their 300-800 calories - and my goal is 1800).

Thank you so much. My walking is limited hence, why I do some swimming And other bits as i can.
  • johop84
    johop84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, there is no reason to pay attention to macro ratios, just calories....of course, increasing protein and fats does help manage hunger... If one has 70% carb and the rest fat and protein, they'll still lose weight. It's all about calories.
    johop84 wrote: »
    Overestimate the calories you are consuming. If you search for food you have eaten, and multiple results pop up, choose the one that has more calories, just to be safe.

Move away from bread and pastries and discover veggies you like to eat. I have hated veggies forever, but I recently discovered that I love certain kinds lightly oiled and roasted in the oven at high temperature.

Finally, if you're like me, then you tend to eat more calories at night. One way to combat this is to have a few pre-planned snacks or small meals that are less than 350 calories. Eat one of these and then call it a night. Brushing teeth shortly after the last meal also helps convince the body that you are done eating for the day. Good luck!
    Why? I eat those foods and am losing just fine... Also, isn't it better to chose the accurate entries based on the packaging of the food that is eaten instead of guessing?

Pre planning, now that's what I agree with.

I understand that losing weight is calories in vs. calories out. It's great that you are losing weight, but my advice was to OP. You don't always have a package and oftentimes DO have to guess. I also advised moving away from bread and pastries because, not only are these things not filling, but the sugar within causes your body to crave more. They also tend to be calorie dense.

For OP, I would recommend looking at fullness factors for food. Just google "Satiety Index" and you should find what I'm talking about. This tells you what kind of food will be more filling per calorie. Hope this helps.