Chocolate craving!

Options
2»

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i keep about 220 cals for extra stuff.. thats 5 mini kitkats that a good amount of chocolate
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I add some cacao nibs to my smoothie and really like that. Can you limit yourself to one ounce a day of chocolate with a high cacao count? We eat Taza. But JUST AN OUNCE.

But you can have it every single day !!!!
  • ohlali2015
    ohlali2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for so many helpful responses! Having some dark chocolate with my fruit tea :) going to have to get some of that skinny cow stuff :D
  • ohlali2015
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Sounds a little harsh. If OP is under her calories, indulging herself in a sensible way will not hinder her progress. And since when are chocolate and pizza "bad" decisions? These foods are not addictions. I don't "stash" anything and I don't eat it everyday. I tend to ignore people who can't lighten up a little and preach about "bad" choices. Yes, like I said, it does take discipline, but that applies to the whole process, not just one food.

Yet another strong affirmation reinforcing the idea that there's absolutely nothing wrong with poor nutritional habits. Very common among MFP users. It may not be detrimental to eat a little chocolate, but it's far from sensible. However you want to rationalize it, but if I decide to cheat and eat a little chocolate, regardless of whether I'm under my calories I'll know for a fact that it's not a good nutrient source. When was the last time sugar was an essential food?

Gosh you do sound so delightful! I think it's more that I want to enjoy myself whilst still being healthy. Maybe you're grumpy because you need a snickers!
    :smiley:
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Low calorie Cereal bars like alpen light or special k are good because they have some cgoc flavours that are nice .also low calorie flavoured hot chocolate sachets mat hit the spot.muller light Yoghurts too
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    By all means, have some chocolate! We have taste buds geared towards different flavors- sweet, salty, bitter, etc. so we need to satisfy all of them.

I can't live without chocolate, so I just control the amount. When I crave something I see if I can fit it (or a portion) into my day. If not then I promise myself to leave room for it tomorrow. Usually by the time tomorrow rolls around I've either forgotten about it or feel satisfied with just a little bit of it.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i'm a chocoholic, i pretty much have no other vices so i'm not giving this one up!
    However, i'm keeping away from milk chocolate as the sugar makes me crave more so i'm having a piece or two of dark chocolate everyday -though i prefer the ones which have bit of mint or raspberry in them.
    enjoy!

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    Work on your addiction rather than replacing it with more food. You're lacking discipline and control when you can't stop yourself from something like eating chocolate. I crave pizza every day, but I'm disciplined enough to not make any bad decisions. Find comfort in your discomfort, regarding not having chocolate. Ignore the people who would tell you that it's okay to "indulge" in it by stashing chocolate everywhere. You'd be cheating yourself. You can lie to your MFP tracker about that 5lbs of andes mints you ate, but your body won't accept that lie.

Yet another strong affirmation reinforcing the idea that there's absolutely nothing wrong with poor nutritional habits. Very common among MFP users. It may not be detrimental to eat a little chocolate, but it's far from sensible. However you want to rationalize it, but if I decide to cheat and eat a little chocolate, regardless of whether I'm under my calories I'll know for a fact that it's not a good nutrient source. When was the last time sugar was an essential food?

Addiction? No discipline or control? 5 lbs of chocolate? Where are you getting these things from? These kinds of comments have no place here. If you choose to treat yourself, your body and your life that way, good for you. Making others feel bad for wishing to have something they enjoy, in moderation, in a healthy way... That's just a form of bullying. That shows you have bigger issues to deal with. Not every single morsel you out in your mouth has to be of the utmost nutritional value.

You do realize that even the biggest health nuts live by the 80/20 rule right?

OP, find a few lower calorie things that are chocolate that you enjoy, and work one into your calories each day. A ghiradelli square, a Lindt truffle, a fudge bar. I keep dark chocolate covered pretzels and raisins in the house and also kashi dark chocolate oatmeal cookies. I have a premier protein fiber bar every night at 0:00. They are almost like candy bars. They come in chocolate mint, cookies and cream, and peanut butter caramel. 15 grams of protein and 6 fiber per bar. It's healthy and keeps me sane!

Good luck and don't let people that say nasty things to you make you feel bad about anything. Just keep pushing forward. The best is yet to come.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I decided that I love chocolate too much, so I have a little bit of dark chocolate everyday. Sometimes I add it with hot cocoa, or a few chocolate chips, or 1/4 (100 calories) of a dark chocolate bar. If I stop losing weight with this in my diet despite measuring and all of that, then I might consider taking it out.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    meissastar wrote: »
    i'm a chocoholic, i pretty much have no other vices so i'm not giving this one up!
    However, i'm keeping away from milk chocolate as the sugar makes me crave more so i'm having a piece or two of dark chocolate everyday -though i prefer the ones which have bit of mint or raspberry in them.
    enjoy!

I'm a dark chocolate convert too. So much more chocolate for the calories.
  • ohlali2015
    Options
    Thank you for this! Genuinely didn't think I'd get such a nasty comment like nosajjao's so thank you for your response! Hmm I really love to snack so maybe the pretzels are a good idea thanks!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ohlali2015 wrote: »
    Thank you for this! Genuinely didn't think I'd get such a nasty comment like nosajjao's so thank you for your response! Hmm I really love to snack so maybe the pretzels are a good idea thanks!

Trader joes has good ones. That's where I get the raisins too. Also, Costco has dark chocolate covered pretzel thins, they are my favorite! They're on sale right now, until the 1st, for $5 for a big bag. Also, brook side Chocolate covered fruit. That's another good one. Chocolate covered nuts, also at trader joes, the protein from the nuts slows the digestion of the chocolate/sugar.

c7hai5jphj4d.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had two small Lindt eggs today. 100 calories. I know that if I restrict myself too much when I crave chocolate, it ends up badly (like eating a whole box of chocolates if someone gives me some badly).

You can try chocolate protein powder though!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ohlali2015 wrote: »

He was picking on me as well because of my statements so don't take it personal. Love your response about the snickers! Everyone else has given you good responses. We know how we need to eat, we don't need someone trying to shame us because we don't subscribe to his particular lifestyle.