May goals

Options
In order to help motivate myself, I've set some goals for the month of May. They include:

1) lose 5lbs OR any amount of inches
2) do 10 regular (non modified) push-ups
3) have 1 straight non-coffee/non-tea week (very difficult for me. I'm a heavy black tea drinker)
4) go for a walk every night after supper
5) not skip a single scheduled workout

What are your goals for the month of May?

Replies

• Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1. Recover from knee injury

Heh, pretty much this is it for now.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Great post! Here are mine!

1) Do not skimp out on abs when it comes to upper body day (something I've been guilty of as of lately)

2) Squat - 200 x 1 x 5 by the end of the month

3) Stay dedicated to 30-minutes of cardio (with an "optional" choice on heavy leg day)

4) To have one mandated rest day per week and not get anxiety over not being in the gym; bodies need time to recoup and heal
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I do my goals in two week periods, and give myself a grade based on how close I was to reaching them. I hope to have at least a Couple average in May... it's been failing the last 2wk period, and will be a little higher this 2wk period but still not up to snuff. C average for May.

An additional goal of mine is to have a noticeable scale change. Something my doctor will see as good progress for our visit in June. So probably 10lbs by the end of May (counting from last doc visit almost a month ago). I've lost a couple inches off my waist already but the scale looks about the same.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Mine:
    1- hit my initial goal weight (5lbs left) and reevaluate a new goal
    2- do 1 full pushup (probably won't happen but I'm working on it)
    3- have a workout that includes lunges or squats not make me feel crippled the next day lol
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options

1) Stick 100% to my marathon training plan, no skipped days (even my birthday)
    2) Continue to explore new vegetarian meal options (newly vegetarian as of March 1, 2016)
    3) Replace my sometimes overwhelming negative attitude with positive thoughts

Happy May y'all!!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I want to lose another 16lbs before my bday mid may - long shot I know, but i'll get as near as I can!!
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Lose 4 pounds.
    Get stronger.
    Continue mfp and get better at staying within goal range.
    Eat more veggies!
  • ooaa2014
    ooaa2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lose 10 pounds
    Stick to my workout program for 2 weeks
    Sleep more
    Drink more water
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    kenziberry wrote: »

1) Stick 100% to my marathon training plan, no skipped days (even my birthday)
    2) Continue to explore new vegetarian meal options (newly vegetarian as of March 1, 2016)
    3) Replace my sometimes overwhelming negative attitude with positive thoughts

Happy May y'all!!

#3!!! I absolutely have the same problem. Sometimes it's so difficult to have positive thoughts when you don't see any changes.
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great post! Here are mine!

1) Do not skimp out on abs when it comes to upper body day (something I've been guilty of as of lately)

2) Squat - 200 x 1 x 5 by the end of the month

3) Stay dedicated to 30-minutes of cardio (with an "optional" choice on heavy leg day)

4) To have one mandated rest day per week and not get anxiety over not being in the gym; bodies need time to recoup and heal

#4! A lot of people tend to push themselves too hard, and end up burning out! My issue is that sometimes when I have a rest day (which is only supposed to be 1 day)....I sometimes extend it. 1 day turns into 2, then 3, then before I know it, i've gone 2 weeks without working out!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Good idea! April's goals included instead of doing 3 90 sec. planks every night start doing as many regular push-ups as I could and then do shorter, alternate version planks. I'm up to 9 push-ups, then 3 30 sec. planks in differing varieties, then another 9 push-ups. I'm going to keep doing this and adding on as it takes literally less than 5 min. to do.

For May:
    1. Start tackling pull-ups! I have a pull-up bar over my bathroom door so I'm starting with negatives and just work from there.

2. Add an ab and back day to my lifting schedule. Other than planks I do zero ab work and very little back work. Those are two large muscle groups I'm neglecting currently.

3. Buy another month of training with my trainer. (I took April off because I spent that money on a new tattoo instead and then I needed to let it heal.) :)