Zumba

Options
Ok....does Zumba really work??????

Replies

• hopefulbc
    hopefulbc Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, anything works if YOU work it! I work at Curves and we do Zumba there, it is a killer workout and you burn upwards of 500 cals. in 30 min. Try it!!
  • c2me12ad6
    c2me12ad6 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback! I was thinking about doing it but wanted to get feed back first from people!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes it does...I do it 4 times a week!!! Try it you will love it and have lots of fun while doing so :)
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yup!!! Ive lost almost 10lbs this month!!
  • wannabehott
    Options
    yes!!!! i swear it works! and its really really fun too! check out a class! i promise it's fun and you will lose weight!
  • aubreywygralak
    Options
    It's a great work out, AND it's fun!!!!
  • DMBMommy29
    DMBMommy29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG ZUMBAAAA!!!! It's ADDICTIVE!!!!! :D I do it 3 times a week! One thing I'll say is, try it once. It can be kind of scary at first. Its FAST and the steps are sometimes hard to get...but keep at it because you WILL get it!!!! My first class I was confused, and after the first song I was DONE LOL! It's alot of work but yes you burn 500+ calories per class and its FUN! The songs get stuck in your head, and you learn the dance moves so that you end up in your kitchen making dinner, salsa dancing to Pitbull songs LMFAO! :D Just one thing, DONT GIVE UP on it. Once you start to get the moves you will seriously love it!!!!
  • amohon
    amohon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love my Zumba and the burn is worth it.. To move like that is a bonus.
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    zumba is amazing!!!! I do it 20 minutes everyday.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've done Zumba and I realy enjoyed it! I burned between 550 to 650 calories per hour of Zumba :)
  • c2me12ad6
    c2me12ad6 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! I think you've convinced me! I will take a break from my normal distance running and hit a zumba class!
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    it worked for me, but like anything,
    nothing will work if you dont.
  • amohon
    amohon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    did you ever take those Zumba classes. I just bought the new Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I just started taking a Zumba class and have been to 2 sessions so far. I'm still a confused about the steps but I can tell you that I burned about 550 in 55 minutes and that was only because I couldn't keep up. I'm sure I'll burn more when I learn the steps better. It's a lot of fun though.
  • jfreib1
    jfreib1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am a Zumba instructor so obviously I'm huge advocate! I started out a student, all mixed up, not knowing what steps are what...but by my second week doing it I was really feeling the burn! The main thing is do not feel self-conscious, or worry about the steps exactly. When you are self-conscious, you stiffen up and more worried about what it looks like than what your body is doing and you are not going to get the results you want. Let it go! Let your body move and work the way it is supposed. Engage your core when doing all moves and make your movements big...you will see results. But most of all...have fun!
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Zumba help me lose 68 pounds.
    The instructor is the key. My class uses current music and not latin, and it makes all the difference i the world. The instructor is full of personality, and offers advice and tips during the class. She accknowledges people, and even at my heaviest, she encouraged me to keep at it.
    GIVE IT A TRY....and if your not impressed, try another one with a different instructor....Let is impact you! It will make you want to return.,
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Any exercise that you really enjoy, that keeps you coming back for more, will work.

I love zumba and do two classes a week.
  • kaspily
    kaspily Posts: 24
    Options
    I tried my first class last night and had so much fun. Does anyone have any website recommendations for learning the steps?
  • dblbutts
    dblbutts Posts: 11
    Options
    I have two co-workers that go with me - sometimes I don't think we are doing things right but we are having so much fun. I can't say that about too many other work outs. Some night those 55 minutes just fly by and other nights I am watching the clock. I have had 4 different instructors that makes a difference too. Hope it works for you.
  • dollbaby50
    dollbaby50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zumba does work. I have lost pounds and inches. I'm addicted. :smile: I have an awesome instructor.