Losing inches gaining weight!?!

Options
I have been consistantly dieting and working out for two months. I started at 186 and was 180.8 but now I'm back up to 183. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet which was approved by my doctor. I can tell I'm losing inches because my clothes are looser but now the scale is going back up what should I do?

For exercise I do cardio, weight machine and body moves such as planks that was designed by a personal trainer. Am I being too hard on myself? Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    When were you 180.8? And when were you 183? That is, how much time between those 2 weigh ins? A short term 'gain' is likely temporary water weight. Could be due to TOM/hormones/ovulation, sodium, new or increased intensity workout program, stress, etc.

You may just need to give it a couple of weeks to determine if you really are trending up. My guess is not and that its a fluke of water weight.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing!
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear - some days will be weight gains and others will be weight losses. The general trend should be sloping downward. See example chart here. You will see the weigh-ins are varying greatly, but the red line tells the truth over time.
  • awaite3
    awaite3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that chart. It is very helpful