Second day

Options
Second day at work with my new way of eating and yesterday I find out office is buying lunch and we are having cake for someone's birthday. Is everyone together in sabotaging me

Replies

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    This is life. You will face these challenges every day and you have to learn to say no sometimes.
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Order a salad, and don't eat the cake. Problem solved.
    Or, have a small piece of the cake. Just because the food is there doesn't mean you have to eat it!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Part of this journey is learning to enjoy celebrations while sticking to our goals. There's always a way.

- order a salad or bring a salad for lunch and only take a small amount of the bought items (and only if you wish to)
    - don't eat the cake or eat a small piece and plan to work out a little bit extra over the week
    - enjoy the gathering and celebrate the birthday

Use this as a learning experience. You can do this.
  • melissamoak2015
    melissamoak2015 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did eat a small piece of the cake but only a fourth of the meal and I was fully satisfied. Thanks for the good advice.
  • ilovecereal82
    ilovecereal82 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's the best part about offices. All the effing cake!!! Thank you cake...Congrats cake. ..get better cake...I made a cake cake....wait...I forgot where I was going with this....
  • melissamoak2015
    melissamoak2015 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes every time you turn around someone is bringing cake
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Office worker here, I feel your pain. It's a minefield. If you are ever surprised by someone springing treats on you, tell them, "ooh, I would but I'm SO FULL, I just ate (insert junk food here)."

If you tell them you had a salad, they'll get on your case. but magically no one cares what you're eating so long as it's not a vegetable.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Suck it up----say no.
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I went to an all day training last week. I brought jerky and nuts for snacks to keep me satisfied. Lunch was served....talk about carb loaded! Pasta, bread AND cake. I had 2 servings of salad and 3 strips of chicken. I wasn't even tempted to eat the carb items. Victory!! :smiley:
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my "BFF" who is attempting to do the 3 day military diet (insert eye roll), brought home a pie after I announced losing 4lbs in a week. Talk about sabotage....but guess who didn't eat one bite??? ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't lie...it helped that it was nasty pie that I wouldn't have ever ate anyways....but if felt good to turn her down! LOL