How to detox body after over eating junk

Options
Over ate about 3000-4000 cal today in sugary foods bread chips granola bars. I gained 20 pounds from poor eating for a month, I want to lose it by summer. Any tips to avoid junk? I can't get it out of the house as I live with my parents

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Stock the pantry with good choices (fruits, vegetables, lean proteins);
    log everything you put in your mouth honestly; and
    when you find yourself heading for the sugary salty snackage, slap yourself on the back of the wrist with a ruler and say "bad puppy!" really loud. You may think I'm kidding, but try it!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Given your history of severe restriction this doesn't surprise me. Be more gentle with yourself, the process will be much easier.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to learn self control.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    @Racheldasilva174 You seem to start quite a few threads about your interaction and adverse reaction to food/consumption. You may want to have a deep heart-to-heart talk with yourself about your relationship with food.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Over ate about 3000-4000 cal today in sugary foods bread chips granola bars. I gained 20 pounds from poor eating for a month, I want to lose it by summer. Any tips to avoid junk? I can't get it out of the house as I live with my parents

Keep your calories under control based on what MFP says and you'll lose weight. You don't have to avoid anything.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Did you let yourself get hungry?
    That leads to bingeing.
    Eat protein. Cook chicken breasts and eat it.
    Drink a glass of low fat milk in between meals.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    how many calories did you have to eat to gain 20 pounds in a month? /That is a eating disorder
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary open for ideas if youd like to add me. Theres lots of junk in my house because i live with my in laws but i prepare and buy my food separately. And when i do eat the junk food that i buy it isnt everyday and is more of a reward. I dont do cheat days but i do have a cheat meal once a week usually dinner or dessert. But add me if youd like to see how i eat. The first 15-20 lbs can be the easiest to drop of youre over weight. You just have to change your lifestyle. Its not a diet its a lifestyle change and maybe your family will follow along if theybsee your progress.
  • rmerrifi
    rmerrifi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try kiefer's "carb nite" it essentially allows you to binge out for 6-8 hours once a week and lose a ton of weight. Good luck
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    your liver is already doing its job of detoxification. That word.. detox.. should be illegal.
  • kimjwwolven
    kimjwwolven Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Join nutrimost absolutely fantastic
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    There is nothing to detox from. The bigger question was why did you do this? Were you using food to deal with anxiety, depression, or something else? Was your calorie goal far too low because of an overly aggressive weight loss goal? Are you unnecessarily restricting foods rather than teaching yourself how to eat it within your calorie goal?