Re-occuring tonsil stones, are making me feel cold, weak and tired...should I go to the gym?

Options
I had this issue last night. For a few days now i've been feeling weak with the chills now and then. I still went to the gym yesterday. I am wondering if i should still go to the gym, even though my tonsils feel a bit swollen, and I feel weak and tired a bit. Usually, I feel worse, but today isn't as bad, i just don't know if working out will make it worse or not?

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    By tonsil stones, I'm assuming you mean the white chunky balls that form on your tonsils? That is normal. The tonsils are the first line of defense when it comes to protecting your body from bacterial infections as they act as collectors and form tonsil stones to surround the bacteria that lives in your mouth and tries to make it's way down your throat. Tonsil stones aren't what's making you feel sick, it's the bacteria or viruses that actually make it into your system. I personally don't work out when I'm sick as it puts extra strain on your body and makes it more difficult for your body to recuperate. I will do a light workout at the end of an illness to help break up and clear anything in my lungs.
  • Melissapaige1
    Melissapaige1 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. I ended up not going to the gym, and having a 4 hour nap during the day, which i never do. This morning I woke up and pushed myself to get to the gym. I came back feeling refreshed, yet still feel post nasal drip going into the tonsil. I dont feel that this is normal. Although, I agree theyre they first line of defense in fighting off a virus. I guess I need to bite the bullet, and just get them taken out. Doctors have recommended that i have them removed.
  • seanafvet
    seanafvet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do not work out while sick as my energy is zapped. Once you feel better then you can go back to working out. Sorry your aren't feeling well so I hope you feel better soon.
  • Melissapaige1
    Options
    Thank you. I went to the gym today. I came back and felt ok for a while, but ended up feeling fatigue again.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Before you get your tonsils out, you might want to try Zyrtec. My doctor suggested I take it every day to stop post nasal drip which caused frequent sore throats. I literally have not been sick since. You might have allergies.
  • Melissapaige1
    Options
    Thank you. I will look into that. Although, I feel it's more my tonsils that are causing problems, and the post nasal drip is just a side issue that doesn't happen that often.