New to MFP and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Options
Hi everyone!! I'm new to MFP and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. This yo-yo dieting must end. I'm at my biggest weight and am totally stuck in a rut. Happy to be here and hopefully I will have a real success story and an overall change in my lifestyle.

Replies

• mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kbhobbs
    kbhobbs Posts: 216
    Options
    This is a wonderful supportive site. Welcome! k
  • nitbre
    nitbre Posts: 6
    Options
    welcome this website is awesome :)
  • sakwari
    sakwari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome. No day like today to start changing your life.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!! Your success story has already begun. It may not be a short or easy Journey, but there will be lots of support and encouragement every step of the way. You won't have to do it alone.
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you are in the right place!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! That's what I always say, "sick and tired of being sick and tired". If you are serious about taking control of your life, you have come to the right place, you will love it here. Everyone here has the same goal...to get healthy. Persistence and determination can go a long way. :happy:
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    wwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeellllccccooooomeeeeeeeeeeeee :) xx
  • phillyhoney
    Options
    Awww thanks so much everyone! :heart: Your words are very encouraging already and I'm so impressed by the weight you have lost. Nice job guys. I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of this site. As a result of the weight I've gained, I am experiencing health issues and I have to get this in order. I have been blessed with life and a beautiful family that I need to be here for. It's time to make some serious changes......it's just a struggle though.
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im still over weight, but I feel so much better since I started exercising and monitoring not only how many calories I eat, but eating healthy calories, The weight is slowly coming off. I actually eat more now than before and feel fuller,,,less calories, but more food,,who would've figured, Welcome..we're all in this together!
  • AmyPfl
    AmyPfl Posts: 9
    Options
    I hear ya. I felt the same way. First, I realized that my weight was really bringing me down and then I realized that I DESERVE to make myself happy. Some major things I did to stop being so darn tired is drink lemon water (great health benefits including energy), LESS coffee (easily makes you dehydrated which in turn makes you VERY sleepy), WAY less foods with trans fat, and some type of physical exercise DAILY (even jogging in place for 20 min), it took time for me to build endurance and have more energy. The weight I am losing is healthy weight, slowly but surely. It almost became a game for me because I felt like I had tried everything and was losing nothing. By counting calories and making these small changes to my diet and exercise, I feel incredible. It became more about feeling good and being happy and the weight loss is just an added bonus. I'm proving to my body right now that this is a life style I am going to stick with. Everyday is one step closer to being at my goal weight. Calories and fat take time to come off, it doesn't happen overnight. We just have to remind ourselves of that alot. No more self-sabotaging for me, one day at a time, and lots of reassurance from myself. Be blessed and good luck!