How did your weight come off??

Options
Throughout your weight loss journey (or whatever you want to call it) how has your weight come off? Would you lose every week single week? Or were there some weeks where you fluctuated a bit, for example: lost 1lb, then up the next week to go back the third week down a pound or two or something of that nature? Did you have some weeks where a lot of weight would come off and then none at all? Please feel free to share. :)

Replies

• Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Definitely up and down. I'll have two weeks of no loss, followed by a four pound "woosh." Looking at my long term weight chart helps me get through the fluctuations.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I track my weight every day and it follows an almost frighteningly similar pattern ever week. Up, up, same, down, down, same, same. I have one or two "drop" days a week and the rest of the week fluctuates up and stays the same. Monday is my weekly weigh in and at least every Monday for past twelve weeks I have lost. Some big (4+) some small (.2). Keep in mind I havea lot of weight to lose and am still very early in the process. I don't expect this to continue in the same fashion forever.
  • Shellymarie604
    Shellymarie604 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The general trend has been down but fluctuates by a few pounds or won't move some days. Yesterday I was at my lowest today I am 2 pounds heavier on the same scale at same time. Just water weight.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    It definitely happens in "chunks" and it slows down as you have less body fat. It took me 3 years to lose 85 pounds. Height is a big factor as well 1 pound is a bigger percentage on shorter people so it will seem slower and more "chunky" when measured in pounds. If body weight scales could measure body fat percentage it would be a better visual of what is actually happening. One pound on one person is not necessarily equal to a pound on another person so in many ways it's a silly measurement.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My first 20 pounds came off easily. I was averaging a good 3 pounds a week. Losing roughly 8-9 pounds every month. I stayed in my 140's (140-145) for about a year. I came back and had the most difficult time getting down into the 130's, i was losing inches but my weight fluctuated 5 pounds for that whole month. Then i got on the scale and it read 138. And it slowly went down from there, to 135.
  • kylegeldmaker
    kylegeldmaker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm down 70+ lbs since January. My weight mostly follows a two week cycle. First week is nominal loss (1 lb), the following week shows 3-4. I understand this to be called stall and whoosh. Evidently the fat cells are depleted of triglycerides and then filled with water. Once the body realizes the cell won't "refill" it releases the water weight and the cell shrinks.

I was frustrated as first looking for losses day to day, however, looking at the trend over 4 months it's pretty evident my average weekly losses are right in line with my goals on MFP.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much been all over the map for my entire journey, including putting almost 20 lbs back on last summer while I was dealing with some personal issues. The scale is just now starting to move the right way again.
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise. Had to control portion sizes and the type of foods I ate. Had daily ups and downs but tried to stay positive
  • msantulli1229
    msantulli1229 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I definitely go up and down, sometimes it's a 4-5lb swing with almost the same activity and diet pattern day to day. That's why I implemented a rule to not weigh myself more than once a week.... I was making myself crazy!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    This should give you an idea...

dbbonxz4c1r6.png
  • eyeshinebright
    eyeshinebright Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I lose in chunks too, and stay at roughly the same weight for 3 weeks before the next chunk. Difficult to be patient but worth it.
  • giomarine13
    giomarine13 Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I always had a struggling point when it came to breaking the 200lbs mark. I would excersize and could never drop below it. Until I did one round of HCG diet for 24 days. Certainly wasn't the funnest 24 days but I dropped 30lbs (216-186) and have managed to keep it off. Losing weight with excersize is a lot easier now for some reason
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,838 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 15 kg pretty steadily 1 kg/week. There were slight ups and downs on particular days but if you looked at it weekly, it was 1 kg/week.

I lost the next 11 kg pretty steadily at 0.6 to 0.7 kg/week. Again, there were marginal ups and downs on particular days but from a weekly perspective it was steady.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yep.

zzn1vn4ndb6t.png
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Lots of up, down and sideways
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    with ups and downs so far.one week i would be up and the next week i would have lost double the amount.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost exactly 1lb/week every week
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    I only gain around my period and ovulation (not really gain as the weight is gone 2 days later) The rest of the time I either lose or stay the same. I hate it when I stay the same for a week for no apparent reason!
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The first 30 pounds came off at pretty much 1lb a week. It suddenly stopped a month ago as I'm nearing my last 10 pounds. I haven't lost anything in the last month
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuated and was up and down but the overall trend was about a pound (sometimes less) a week. The first 15 came off fast but now I'm 30 pounds down with 20 more to go and have hit a plateau. :neutral: