Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

2nd week - NO CHANGE!

callme911
callme911 Posts: 68 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I have done great this week. My second week. I have logged everything and been under every time. I have worked out real hard 2 times in the past 6 days (and will again today) but no change. I am EXACTLY the same. To the half a pound.

What am I doing wrong? Could I be at a stand still already? My 2nd week? Could it be muscle? It is kind of a bummer, BUT I am NOT going to let it get me down.

I read the number on the scale, frowned and then INSTANTLY wanted to go home and workout on the bowflex again. But, I'm stuck at work yet another day, so when I go home for lunch IT IS ON! ME & the BOWFLEX - oh and really loud music!

Replies

• callme911
    I have done great this week. My second week. I have logged everything and been under every time. I have worked out real hard 2 times in the past 6 days (and will again today) but no change. I am EXACTLY the same. To the half a pound.

What am I doing wrong? Could I be at a stand still already? My 2nd week? Could it be muscle? It is kind of a bummer, BUT I am NOT going to let it get me down.

I read the number on the scale, frowned and then INSTANTLY wanted to go home and workout on the bowflex again. But, I'm stuck at work yet another day, so when I go home for lunch IT IS ON! ME & the BOWFLEX - oh and really loud music!
  • rmarlow
    rmarlow Posts: 64
    Just because you've not lost any weight, doesn't mean that you've not lost any fat. You simply have replaced the fat with mucsle somewhere else. Don't worry about the weight loss. You're body is going to go through some changes with fat being replaced by mucsle, so you're not going to lose weight every week. Try not to worry about it and keep on pushing through.

127484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    First thing is... think positive! :smile:

*I would consider also using a measuring tape to record your changes, because you can easily be losing inches, just not pounds.
    *Muscle doesn't develop that quickly, so it's unlikely to be that...just yet, but it will come!
    *It could be water weight, perhaps you have high sodium items the day before weigh in.

Drink all your water, don't get discouraged, and stay super positive! It's the only way.

:heart:
  • Oh man, I totally feel you. I've been stuck at the same weight for a week to the half pound and it's driving me CRAZY. I almost feel like my scale is broken, because I know I've been doing well on working out and calorizing.

I don't know what to tell you, just know that I am there too!
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Also, watch out about going under your calories. If you go to far under (Especially if you are limited to 1,200!) you could hit a starvation mode quick and stop losing weight.
  • DOnt trust the scale! Get a tape and measure baby! I was just like you, with the scale stuck in one place, but the inches were melting off!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Like Renae said, watch out about going under calories. Try to get with in 50 calories of your goal either over or under. Make sure to be honest and count everything, even a taste of something. Also I always recomment keeping measurements. I've lost and inch in my waist before and didn't lose any weight. Also stick with it. Some people don't notice any changes for more than 4 weeks. That might seem like a long time, but it will be worth the wait.
  • you should try measuring yourself and weighing yourself less often. you could be losing inches even though there is no difference in the scale.
  • callme911
    First thing is... think positive! :smile:

*I would consider also using a measuring tape to record your changes, because you can easily be losing inches, just not pounds.
    *Muscle doesn't develop that quickly, so it's unlikely to be that...just yet, but it will come!
    *It could be water weight, perhaps you have high sodium items the day before weigh in.

Drink all your water, don't get discouraged, and stay super positive! It's the only way.

:heart:

Well, I did measure and there is no difference. Not one bit. I'm not sure what is going on, but I am staying positive, the best I can. I'm not letting it stop me though. Sooner or later there should be a change.

I went home for lunch and worked out on the bowflex for 40 min, so that made me feel better.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    It is kind of a bummer, BUT I am NOT going to let it get me down.

That IS the attitude :flowerforyou: . Sorry for not writing more, but the post "read again and again" is saying it all. Yet, it's all a matter of attitude, so there's the spirit! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • callme911
    Well, I have measured and there is no difference. Also, I do log everything! I have not gone under at all, especially not as low as 1200 calories. I guess I will just give it a little bit more time and keep treckin. If there is no change for another week, then maybe it is time I mention it to the doc.

*** sigh***

Thanks everyone.
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Well, I have measured and there is no difference. Also, I do log everything! I have not gone under at all, especially not as low as 1200 calories. I guess I will just give it a little bit more time and keep treckin. If there is no change for another week, then maybe it is time I mention it to the doc.

*** sigh***

Thanks everyone.

I know how frustrating it can be...don't let the number on the scale discourage you. I just got a lost last week after three weeks of logging...it takes time and patience, YOU WILL GET THERE and when you do....awww,man are you gonna feel great!

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    I was getting the same result. 4 days with no change. I realized that I was getting ready to start that time of the month.....where are u in that process?
    I also gained 2 pounds when I was ON that TOM. But when it was over.....those 2 pounds were gone, along with another 2.....so hang in there!
  • callme911
    I was getting the same result. 4 days with no change. I realized that I was getting ready to start that time of the month.....where are u in that process?

Well, that is a good point. I actually haven't had my dot (that's what we call it in my house) since October. I have PCOS and as a result I sometimes go a while without haveing one. Strange too, because after I had my daughter I have had one every 40-45 days. It was a long cycle, but at least it was regular. But, not any more. So, who knows. Maybe that could play a small part. Or maybe I am stretching for excuses. LoL I don't know. :huh:
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    PCOS can really slow down the weight loss. I am also on wk 2 and it is the same way here.

Hang in there with me!
This discussion has been closed.