Help!

Options
So Sunday, two weeks ago I lost 1.5kgs The previous sunday, a week ago I lost 300grams.
Today my scale is telling me I've gained 3kgs!!
I have being eating moderately, only having two-three rest days a week, and have only had one bad meal and one dessert this week. Is this normal? I'm freaking out :( thanks!

Replies

• SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's most likely just from extra water in your body it could be from eating alot of sodium or even menstrual cycles can effect how much water your body decides to hold onto! Try drinking some warm tea it always helps my body regulate itself better and stay focused on your goal your body weight will fluctuate day to day it's nothing worry about unless you see the number going up over weeks not days
  • samanthaworters1
    samanthaworters1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm due for my period next week. Could this be a cause?
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Weight in my experience can bounce around 5 lbs. This is why instead of trying to determine a specific weight for yourself, I would suggest going by "hitting new lows".
    For example, lets say you are me and your current low is 184. If I am still cutting and I don't reach a new low in a reasonable amount of time I need to reevaluate what I am doing.
    So, all in all, you are worrying too much. If the scale creeps upward and stays there after a long period of time then there might be a cause for worrying.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm due for my period next week. Could this be a cause?

Certainly could! I usually put on 1-2kgs the week leading up to my period. It's usually gone again by the time they're finished. This extra weight is not fat, just water retention and is one of the joys of being a woman :confounded:
  • samanthaworters1
    samanthaworters1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I was close to crying this morning and you've all made me feel so much better. Thank you for keeping me motivated.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Im have a similar problem. Ive been doing the same thing since joing MFP , eating around a 1200 cal diet (doctor recomended) and exersizing. my weight went down to 137 now its back up to 142 ! I havent changed anything! I dont get it?? its so discouraging I wan to just give up and lay in bed and eat doritos. it seems like nothing I do has worked short of when I was exteremely ill with gastro problems and I coudl only eat a spoonfull of food at a time. for months. I dont have periods anymore so its not that. I do suffer from long term chronic stress though. Im wonderign if this is the cause. not much I can do to change my situation , Ive tried to do stuff for that.