Have you had any success?
  • potbelliedboy
    potbelliedboy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm up about five pounds so far.
  • lbbysfatabase
    lbbysfatabase Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ME! I've been gaining since Christmas. From 106 to 135 so far... I love how chubby I'm getting.
  • potbelliedboy
    Options
    Nice! How much are you hoping to put on?
  • lbbysfatabase
    lbbysfatabase Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm trying to pass 140. I'll see how I feel there, but I'll probably want to keep gaining. I'd like to get past 156, so I can experience having an "obese" bmi.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Just a question, why would you want to get "fat"? I understand gaining muscle with fat (i.e. strongmen or fluffier powerlifters), but not soft, flabby fat? Not judging, I am genuinely curious.
  • princessterrie16
    princessterrie16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain some fat but I am not trying to get fat. I'm very underweight right now, like 25 pounds below what is considered slim for my height, so I am trying to gain those 25 pounds wether it be fat or muscle I don't care as long as it comes fast. But gaining that fat still won't make me fat if you know what I mean. I don't really see why anyone would be trying to get fat.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Ah OK I misunderstood, thank you. I hear the words "Is anyone actively trying to get fat?" instead of "get some fat" or "add weight" and I picture 2 very different things. You mean "filling out" basically.
  • Dunc8925
    Dunc8925 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is anyone actively trying to get fat?

Me
  • dillmilk
    dillmilk Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I put on 20 pounds in my first two months. Had to take a break from food, but when I get back from vacation I intend to put on another 20. I started out underweight, now I'm on the lower end of normal. I want to get to the higher end and then cut a little.
  • EmmaNagora
    EmmaNagora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me, I've always been pretty
    underweight. About three weeks
    ago, I was 89 pounds. I have gained weight and still am, I reached
    97 pounds last night, which I'm very happy about.
    I really don't care if it's fat or muscle, just would like to put on
    some weight. My goal is to reach at least
    115 pounds.

Wednesday, I'm planning on
    trying these exercises I found, for freerunning training I'm doing
    in the summer. So, I've recently cut processed sugar down to about 25g per day, in hopes to gain muscle more efficiently.

I haven't really been doing any
    different exercises lately, just the usual.
    I go for a bike ride and a walk
    almost everyday, although sometimes I can't, I have problems with my,
    elbows, knees and hips. But, I have gained 7-8 pounds in about 3 weeks!
    Couldn't believe it when I got on the scale, just from cutting down
    my sugar intake.

I'm ONLY doing this for processed sugar, granulated, white, powder,
    brown sugar, etc.
    I haven't given any attention to natural, un-processed sweeteners/sugar.
    Because your body digests it differently.

I'd like to believe I've gained muscle from staying away from sugar, since I am a fairly active person.
    Not only have I put on weight, but I feel better. I feel more attentive, I don't
    have as much brain fog and I'm way more energetic.

It was reeeaally hard to get hooked
    off of it, I had such bad cravings
    for it and I was really irritable for
    almost a week.
    But it was worth it, I feel
    great now, better than I have felt in a long time!

If you can, try to cut as much sugar as possible, out of your diet. It's a challenge but, it feels great!
    You can still have the odd slice of cake or chocolate bar, but just pay attention to your sugar intake, much like your calories.

First and foremost, lower your sugar intake. Go to about 25g to 35g of processed sugar a day.(or more, just don't go over the top, haha) It's ok if you go over a little bit, but just focus on staying around one number.

Since you can't eat much sugar, look for healthy/natural or un-processed sugars and sweeteners, such as, stevia (the natural stevia should be green
    in colour, a friend made it for me once. If you can't find any o'natural,
    then just use what's available to you.), un-sweetened applesauce, natural un-processed maple syrup (should be less thick than store bought), natural un-processed honey (should be very thick,
    unless heated and not
    translucent at all) at your local farmers market or grocery store. If you can find anyone who makes any of these homemade, then that's even better. :smile:

It is very challenging to get off (at least for me lol) the sugar, for the first week! After that it was fine, I rarely crave anything sweet anymore. If you do crave something sweet, however, try baking something without sugar. There are plenty of sugarless recipes online!

If you're trying to lose weight, eat about 25g to 35g processed sugar daily, find some good exercises, lower your calorie intake and try to maintain
    a healthy diet.
    If you're trying to gain weight, eat about 25g to 35g processed sugar daily, find some good exercises, try to up your calorie intake and try to maintain a healthy diet.

Hope it works for you as well as it did for me, everyone's body is different. So it may not work the same way, I'll make no promises! If it doesn't, well it was worth the challenge! Anyways, take care. :smiley:

Emma •
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Rock on fat gainers!
  • potbelliedboy
    Options
    Just to clarify, I am actually trying to get fat :smile:

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, I am actually trying to get fat :smile:
    for what purpose?
  • potbelliedboy
    Options
    Tough question to answer, but it feels great. I actually used to be in pretty decent shape haha
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Tough question to answer, but it feels great. I actually used to be in pretty decent shape haha

To each his own i suppose. Makes me a little bit jealous, i have so much to lose haha!
  • thekee23
    thekee23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain. started Christmas day at 149 and I'm now 189. going for 200 right now but I might try to get where my wife is at. She has a hard time getting motivated to lose weight but always says she wants to. maybe if I get to her weight at 220 we can lose weight together. Personally, I like the changes for skinny to fat and back to skinny or in shape. It's cool to see happen.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I am as far as I can tell there are 18 other people
    Have you had any success?

Too funny
  • darthmadeleine
    darthmadeleine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am, recently I gained weight accidently and I found that I really like being chubby. My friends all think I'm on here to lose weight haha
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone who is in the obesecategory, it's no fun, I can't understand why you would want to be here.

However, for those of you who are underweight and want to put on a little fat specifically, I can confirm it has advantages. The main one is I'm more resilient when ill - if I lose my appetite for a few days it's no big deal for me to just give up eating, whereas my husband and daughter, who are both very slim, are utterly miserable if they go off their food. Fat gets demonised, and excess fat definitely makes me unhappy, but a bit of fat is good. It's there for a reason.