This 37 Minute Workout Burns 400+ calories?

Options
Hey everyone! So I was just browsing the web, and I found this article posted by Fitness Magazine.

It's a new workout that only takes 37 minutes to complete, but they claim it can burn over 400 calories per session, which is really intense!

Here's the article:
http://myhealthnews.co/5914/The-Amazing-37-Minute-Workout-Fitness-Magazine-14617216832

I was hoping for some feedback on the potential for this workout, as well as helping other people find it! Thank you so much!

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Very cynical that a site that uses "melt away 12 to 21lbs of fat in 3 weeks" as a slogan to get you to sign up is making credible claims. Circuit training can have a high METS value though.

"20 minute workout is worth an hour on the treadmill" - that's also just plain silly. Doing what on the treadmill springs to mind....

Doesn't make it a bad workout of course but be a little dubious about the outlandish claims. Wish they would tone down the hyperbole. It's not "Amazing" it's just a workout, depending on goals and enjoyment factor it may even be a good workout.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    400 calories for whom? A 6'6 200 lbs 20 year old basketball player? A 5'1 100 lbs slowly moving 80 year old woman?
  • mattgregory1183
    mattgregory1183 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im finding that short 30 minute spin classes and HIIT classes are working for me. im 5'7 and 194lbs and im sweating out 300 calories as pushing myself hard so this article doesn't make sense to me
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My trainer has occasionally has me doing a 30min cardio session that she says will burn 400+. But it is a non-stop 30 min. I feel, it all depends on the person and the effort put forth on how many calories one would burn.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Not with that tiny woman in the photos using those tiny weights, it's not.

If you like the workout, go ahead and do it. It's perfectly fine. Just never believe calorie burning claims with stuff like that. They're inflated to begin with plus there are too many variables
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    If it was that quick and easy to burn 400 calories I would workout twice a day and live on a diet of cheesecake.