losing uneven? !

Options
So today I went to lay down and it HURT! I looked at myself in the mirror and there's a spot where my butt and back connect that collects fat. Except now the right side is flatter than the left! Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see it go, but now I can't lay on my back. Has anyone else had this problem? I just wonder how long I'll have to put up with this or if there's a way to fix it.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's not the case of fat loss revealing a lump? My weight loss revealed a lipoma (benign tumour) on my calve. That said, I do lose kind of uneven. My left side fat fold went away before my right.
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So today I went to lay down and it HURT! I looked at myself in the mirror and there's a spot where my butt and back connect that collects fat. Except now the right side is flatter than the left! Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see it go, but now I can't lay on my back. Has anyone else had this problem? I just wonder how long I'll have to put up with this or if there's a way to fix it.

I have that same problem! I have no back fat on my right side but plenty on my left. When I wear certain shirts or dresses you can see the difference. It's so annoying.
  • sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My left thigh/saddle bag is noticeably bigger than my right. And very visible in pants!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I have these pockets of fat under my breasts, they look like a second pair of breasts. Lord how I hate them. But they do lose unevenly and I notice every time I start losing from that area because they're pretty front and center. They give little bumps in my shirt still and I can see that the left side *almost* doesn't disturb my shirt. The right side is still big and puffy.

So yeah, I'd say it's normal and you'll lose on the other side soon too. Keep at it! But when I lost a lot of weight, sitting down became extremely painful with the lack of bone protection.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Is it possible the right side only "looks" flatter than the left because the left side is inflamed? Take some ibuprofen to check. It could be your left side shrunk too but was injured unknowingly and is now inflamed (swollen). I have a very high pain tolerance so I don't notice when I hurt myself, I only realize it later when something hurts because I'm no longer too distracted to notice it. And pulled muscles and things swell slowly sometimes, so it could've been something you did yesterday or even the day before.