STRESS EATING

Options
I have anxiety, yet it is not extreme. I can sometimes overthink and began to binge on food. I tend to drown myself in harmful foods causing myself to become nause. My mother stress eats as well as my two older sisters. I found myself stress eating in my second year of Jr high school. Does anyone have this problem? And what do you do to help yourself notice you are stress eating? How do you cope?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eating a normal amount of calories in the first place might help.
  • lisa_roberts
    lisa_roberts Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I also had this problem I try and push though and ignore thinking about food and think about what you have to do when you get home don't get me wrong I don't always get it right and sometimes I still do binge eat. When you binge eat let it go the next day start a new day fresh x
  • nyohmiee
    nyohmiee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you can use other things that are good for anxiety to get through this, for example yoga is really good for anxiety and is a much healthier alternative! :smile:
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem now and binge eat because of extreme stress. I'm going to try to be faithful to logging everything and bringing healthy snacks and only eating them. I'm also going to start journaling to keep track of my moods when I get the urge to binge eat.
  • LOOKmfp
    LOOKmfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @nyohmiee yoga does help me take my mind off most stressors!

Thanks for advice