Lunch Ideals

Options
Anyone have any quick and easy lunch ideals?

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    how many calories do want lunch to be, and do you eat carbs?
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sandwich
    Soup
    Frozen foods

To be honest, when I am hungry around lunch time, I usually just get chips and jerky from the vending machine.
  • amanda741
    amanda741 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    brown rice, red capsicum, red chilli, red onion and baby spinach 1 tps olive oil and 100g cooked chicken microwave for 1 minue or a tin of tuna but leave out the oil
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My newest fav's:
    Hard boiled eggs.
    Pickled asparagus
    Pickled beans
    Olives
    Laughing cow cheese (light)
    Mini naan bread
    Cucumbers with yogurt/dill dressing
    Cottage cheese
    Tuna sprinkled with vinegar
    Special K cracker chips
    Home made turkey chili
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I usually have a sandwich of some kind (turkey & cheese, pastrami & horseradish, tuna, chicken & hummus, egg salad, grilled cheese & spinach are all regulars for me). On the side it's usually baby carrots, an ounce of nuts, and maybe string cheese or a hard boiled egg.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat taco salad every day, except with chicken, grape tomatoes, salsa, spinach mix, sour cream, black beans and some chili Fritos. :) I think you could prep a salad ahead of time.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat taco salad every day, except with chicken, grape tomatoes, salsa, spinach mix, sour cream, black beans and some chili Fritos. :) I think you could prep a salad ahead of time.

This sounds amazing!

OP, I like leftovers from the previous night's dinner. Steak turns into a big honking steak salad, chicken and whatever veggie side (I loooove roasted broccoli or green beans, or boiled carrots with a bit of dill), sometimes I make a pot of chili or pulled pork and eat that a couple times
  • Greenari
    Greenari Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For the past month or so I've been making gazpacho with a V8 juice base. There are several recipes online that are all pretty similar. I make it on Sunday and have enough for a week of lunches. You combine some chopped veggies with the juice, some balsamic vinegar and a lime and then puree it all in the cuisinart, It's nice because I don't have to deal with reheating anything at lunchtime. I start with that and then add a protein like a HB egg, turkey slices or cottage cheese.
  • Mystical64
    Mystical64 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I usually have a mission whole wheat tortilla with ground turkey season like a taco meat but not the packets, 1/2 of an avocado, 2 tbs green verde sauce, and 2 slices of ultra thin provolone cheese. And sugar free jello with lite cool whip on it. I call that my cupcake. :smile:
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Avocado on toast! Hummus on toast! Baked beans on toast! I love toast xD
    I also like a good soup with some bread to dip. Banana ice cream (frozen bananas, blended)! Anything on rice. Lots of good carbs to give me energy for the day <3
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My current favorites:
    - Avocado, lettuce, and tomato wrap or sandwich on whole wheat thins
    - Mediterranean lentil salad: Make a big batch for a few days (in the winter I make stews)
    - Yogurt with fruit and protein granola
    - Vegetables and hummus
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Lunch Ideals:

The quick ones:

Eat Lunch. Get back to work.

The slow ones:

Eat Lunch. Have dessert. Go shopping. Get back to work late.

Which I think are pretty darned good ideals coming from a fellow who just had his 1 boiled egg for lunch.