Newbie needs tips and tricks

Options
fitnurse28
fitnurse28 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2016 in Getting Started
Hi all,
I'm a mum of 4, student nurse who has recently been on bed rest and really ill for 3-4 months. Getting better now but need to lose this weight I've gained and get fitter. I am starting from a very low level of fitness because of being ill. Plus I'm a massive foodie... Any tips and tricks you guys can share ??
Much appreciated x

Replies

• Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Just start very slowly. Little walks until you build strength :) feel better soon and good luck
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Accurate portion control and light exercise.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP
    I concur with previous posters about light exercise and accurate portion control.
    I suggest you read MFP Most Helpful post at the beginning of this message board
    here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    Buy yourself a food scale with tare function, weigh everything you eat and log it at MFP.
    If you eat at a deficit (calories burned higher than calories ingested) your weight will decrease
    Exercise is for fitness and health. You need to recover first.
    Eating at a deficit is for losing body weight
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please feel better soon, and don't push yourself.
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just learned how to edit a post... lol
  • paulajobelle
    paulajobelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    take advantage of having kids, go for walks, use the swings or throw a ball with them-you would be amazed how much exercise you get "playing" -I know I was. Be good to yourself and take the time you need to heal.
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome and I just wanted to say congrats on finally feeling better!! Take it slow and listen to your body and enjoy those kids!! :)