OTF-ORANGE Theory Fit + healthy eating=weight loss?

Options
Hello I'm just getting back on taking care of ME. I'm trying to loss a few lbs and look toned, hoping to feel more energetic. Anyone a member of OTF-ORANGE Theory that can give me/us advise to maximize the benefits of this HIIT Training? I really like the fact I can log in my exercise activities & meals in this app.
Any success stories? Please share. Thanks

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Replace "healthy eating" with "eating in a calorie deficit"
  • Sasiigirl
    Sasiigirl Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks DavPul. But what do you mean? For example. ...

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Sasiigirl wrote: »
    Thanks DavPul. But what do you mean? For example. ...

Don't eat as much as you used to.
  • Sasiigirl
    Options
    Ok got it LazSommer. Thanks
    I'm new to this and I will need some encouragement on this journey
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Formula for weight loss is eating less than you burn or eating at a calories deficit. Healthy eating (subjective term) is good for health but again not needed for weight loss. You can eat healthy and still gain weight. Exercise can help create a deficit or larger deficit, but IMO is not as effective as just eating less. Exercise is great for fitness and health. To determine your deficit input your data in to MFP and eat the calories it recommends, choose to lose 1 lbs per to start and monitor your progress for 3-4 weeks. Make changes as needed based on your personal experience.
  • jstraw37
    jstraw37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sasiigirl wrote: »
    Hello I'm just getting back on taking care of ME. I'm trying to loss a few lbs and look toned, hoping to feel more energetic. Anyone a member of OTF-ORANGE Theory that can give me/us advise to maximize the benefits of this HIIT Training? I really like the fact I can log in my exercise activities & meals in this app.
    Any success stories? Please share. Thanks

I am a OTF member... Going about 5x per week, started to go serious mid February and am starting to see results... So far so good... OTF and Myfitness pal combo..
  • gypsygrl153
    gypsygrl153 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined OTF today too :)
  • Sasiigirl
    Options
    I hope you like it. I joined a week ago. I like it. Best of luck and health to you krc_rn2013....# nurses rock
  • Sasiigirl
    Options
    Jstraw37 I'm going 4 times a week for now. But I need to increase my sleep time. With a busy work, family and sports with my youngest I ginkgo that makes up for the other days.
    #OTF family
  • Sasiigirl
    Options
    To loulamb7.....thank you so much for the information.
    loulamb7 wrote: »
    Formula for weight loss is eating less than you burn or eating at a calories deficit. Healthy eating (subjective term) is good for health but again not needed for weight loss. You can eat healthy and still gain weight. Exercise can help create a deficit or larger deficit, but IMO is not as effective as just eating less. Exercise is great for fitness and health. To determine your deficit input your data in to MFP and eat the calories it recommends, choose to lose 1 lbs per to start and monitor your progress for 3-4 weeks. Make changes as needed based on your personal experience.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are going to go check orange theory tomorrow.
  • Sasiigirl
    Options
    I took a few days off. I needed to get some rest. But overall I'm enjoying it.
  • sfranklin16
    sfranklin16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find OTF to be convenient and efficient because it's literally an appt. You make an appt(for class) an in and out in an hour. No chit chat. It's kinda harder to slack or skip. I use it as an adjunct to my regular gym when I just want to get in and get a hard workout done at a specific time or the gym doesn't have a class that "fits" what I want or feel like. AND-no wasted time getting ready, filling your water bottle, waiting or deciding what to do next.

That being said, sometimes it's a bit cardio heavy vs weight training and it would get repetitive every day.
    I like it. As for the eating part: YOU CAN'T OUTRUN/OUT TRAIN YOUR FORK!
    Ever. Period.
    Yes calorie deficit, but with good food choices. Don't have to go total steamed broccoli and boiled chicken breast, but nachos and candy everyday will be disastrous--even if calories are exactly the same. I tried it to test the theory
  • jokunokun
    jokunokun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been going for about a year and saw some benefits, especially to my speed and endurance. I didn't see many visible physical differences until recently when I really started watching and recording what I was eating, with a specific goal in mind, along with some additional strength training in between otf workouts (i attend otf twice a week). I've lost about 6 lbs in the past 4-5 weeks now
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing OT since feb but not really monitoring my nutrition with any consistency... ive become more fif and toned. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the workout.

I just started MFP this week and cant wait to see possible results from doing both