Staying fit while road tripping, staying at hostels?

Interested in taking a two week road trip soon, and I want to stay fit, but I'd also like to be careful with my money- so I'll be staying with friends and in hostels. Any ideas or tips?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    "Staying fit" means different things to different people. Describe your workouts the past 7 days.
  • Hausisse1
    Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
    I ride my bike three days a week for at least an hour and a half and the other three days I go to the gym and lift weights- like squat rack and deadlifts and stuff. I also don't have a desk job.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Most gyms will let you try out their facilities for free for a day to check them out in the hopes that you will join. You usually have to go through a tour, but if you don't want to pony up the daily visit fee... Also, sight see via bike. Taking your bike would be preferable if you can because daily bike rentals usually aren't cheap. Or call the hostel you are staying at to see if they have a bike that you can use/borrow. Finally, look up body weight exercises to do in a park. You can get a work out in just with push ups, situps and squats.