Your Favorite Low Carb Recipes (SHARE HERE!)

Options
ashleymariec89
ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
I am looking for some good low carb recipes and wondering if anyone would like to share. It can be for breakfast lunch or dinner.
Mine is a salad, jazzed up in different ways.

My favorite is

Cilantro lime grilled chicken breast santa fe salad

Heaping pile of mixed greens (red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, and romaine)
1/4 c reduced fat mexican cheese
1/2 tomato
1 radish
1/4 c fiesta corn
6oz cliantro lime chicken breast

Dressing:
1 T ranch dressing
2 T garlic and lime salsa

Replies

• ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    no one wants to share :(
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I use low card whole wheat tortillas and make quesadillas.. grilled chicken and black beans with cheese..and salsa

you could use steak as well..

I also eat egg whites with gimme lean sausage and peppers & onions for breakfast.. sometimes scrambled eggs also mix up the contents of the egg whites with turkey sausage, chicken, and spinach..
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Pork Chops for dinner!!

Brown pork chops. Set oven to 325. Put pork chops in baking dish and cover with low sodium chicken gumbo soup and bake 1 hour +/- depending on size of chop and bone-in, bone-out. (I use bone in) Serve with baked potato - skin only (or at least scrape out most of the inside) Pour a little soup dripping over both the chops and potato instead of using any butter/margerine, etc.. Add you favorite green veggie. Yummy!! And Easy!!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    fajita roll ups

cook your chicken and peppers, onions and zuchinni as you wish, then put in a big romaine leaf and add fat free sour cream and salsa.....rool it up like a taco and enjoy!
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    A can of tuna mixed with pasta sauce and pepper - and I like to put it on Ryvita Original Crispbread! YUM!!!
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    Zucchini "Pasta" - Zucchini shredded with a veggie peeler and served with your favorite pasta sauce and parmesan cheese. So delicious! Here's the recipe: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/23/health/22recipehealth.html

22recipe.health600.jpg
  • AlexandraPA
    AlexandraPA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You may want to go to the ATKINS website:

http://www.atkins.com/Homepage.aspx.

They have zillions of low-carb recipees of all sorts. Enjoy!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Half and Half, or Cream, mixed with a handmixer with Jello Instand SUGAR-FREE Chocolate Fudge pudding mix.

Practically zero carbs, tastes like Chocolate Mousse. I use it as a Chocolate Ice Cream substitute.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bumpp!
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    yum
  • verlouria
    verlouria Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm diabetic, so I have quite a few. However, I have to go dig recipes up to tell ya. Here is one I can tell you off the top of my head. I call it Paprika (Bell Peppers) Chicken - 4 chicken breasts (750g) - 1 Red Bell Pepper - 1 Green Bell Pepper - 1 Yellow Bell Pepper - 1 yellow onion - 1 can of crushed tomatoes - chili powder and salt and pepper to taste - You can serve it with egg noodles, rice, or potatoes. It makes about 4 nice servings that are 371 calories per serving, 18 carbs, and 7 grams of fat.

Oh I forgot to tell you what to do, you cook the chicken and season it with salt and pepper for about 2 mins in a skillet or a wok, then you add the veggies and cook it til the chicken is done, then add the can of crushed tomatoes and chili powder or flakes.

Ugh you have to cube the chicken and veggies. LOL I keep forgetting to tell you things.
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of low carb. I get my recipes from a book called 500 Low Carb Recipes (I have it on my nook) and I use this website and the atkins website:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have lots of favorite recipes. Some from great cooks in the Low Carb world! Bump
  • LaJauna
    Options
    Deep Dish Quiche Pizza
    Serves 4

4 oz cream cheese, softened
    4 eggs
    1/3 cup cream or half and half
    ¼ cup parmesan cheese
    ¼ tsp Italian seasonings
    2 cups mozzarella, grated
    ½ cup pizza sauce (lowest carb version you can find)
    1 cup mozzarella, grated for topping
    Any toppings that you would like for your pizza
    I use pepperoni and fresh mushroom slices

Instructions for preparation
    Beat together cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add cream, parmesan and seasonings.
    Spray 9 in. square pan with PAM. Put the 2 cups of mozzarella on the bottom. Pour egg mixture over the top. Squish around until everything is evenly spread out.
    Bake at 375 degrees for 30 mins or until golden brown.
    Cool 10 mins.
    Spread pizza sauce over the crust. Cover with 1 cup of mozzarella and toppings you have selected.
    Bake another 15 mins or until brown and bubbly.

Each piece is aprox 3.5 grams of carb. Make sure you count all the carbs in the toppings you have chosen to add. Bon Appetite!
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    We had 'garlic shrimp' tonight, with stir-fry veg. Very quick and simple and around 250 cals / serving, with almost no carbs. These amounts are for two servings:

Ingredients - 450g/1lb defrosted, uncooked, king prawns, one head of garlic, two teaspoons of paprika, chilli flakes (or ground mixed pepper), a pack of stir-fry veg, two tablespoons of chopped parsley or coriander, and a teaspoon of olive oil.

Thinly slice the garlic and fry at medium heat in the oil for two minutes. Add the chilli flakes to taste, but the more the better!
    Throw the pack of stir-fry veg into a wok.
    To the garlic, add the prawns and paprika and cook for three or four minutes until cooked through.
    Add the chopped coriander or parsley to the prawns and stir-in.
    Take both pans from the heat and serve immediately, making sure you pour the lovely broth from the prawn pan over the veg and prawns :)

We like to squeeze half a lime over each plate and then devour the lot.

Edit: We use Gina @ skinnytaste.com recipes all the time (this is one of them) and they are amazing. It looks like there is a specific low-carb section that you can check out: http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Low Carb Recipes
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    bump! I'd love to see where this goes!
  • janiepumphrey
    Options
    I just stumbled on a really good chicken soup recipe today. Yummy, fast, easy, simple, high in iron.

I put all of this in my slow cooker and cooked it on high for a few hours:

- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
    - 3 tomatoes (I pureed them...finely chopped could work too)
    - 1/2 onion (coarsely chopped)
    - 2 tablespoons cumin

After it was finished I added 1 teaspoon salt.

So good!! The whole recipe makes about 2 1/2 big bowls and I ate it all because I like a big dinner. It's 983 calories total and has 92% RDA of iron (from the chicken and the cumin...my favorite spice!)
  • LaJauna
    Options
    I eat a lot of low carb. I get my recipes from a book called 500 Low Carb Recipes (I have it on my nook) and I use this website and the atkins website:

I have been eating the Coney Island Chili Dog Pie from this site all week! Oh, my, goodness. Yummmm. It doesn't taste like diet food!

• LaJauna
    Options
    Okay, here is my recipe for:
    CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI NUT SNACK CAKE (SF/GF LOW CARB)
    2 cups almond flour
    a pinch of salt
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 baking soda
    1/4 cup xylitol
    1/4 cup flax meal
    1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    3 eggs
    1/2 cup of good oil
    1 1/2 cup of grated zucchini
    1/4 cup pecans

Mix the wet ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients and add to wet. Fold in the zucchini and nuts at the end.
    Pour into greased 8x8 pan or 9 in round cake pan.
    Place in preheated 325 degree oven for 45 mins.
    Remove from pan onto serving plate to cool.

Frost with:
    SUGAR FREE FUDGE GANACHE
    heat in a sauce pan on low heat-
    2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp cocoa
    1/4 cup cream
    3/4 cup powdered xylitol (I used Ideal)
    1 tsp vanilla
    Whisk until blinded. Remove from heat and let cool 5-10 mins.
    Pour over cooled cake. Drizzle down the sides and let it coat the whole cake. Refrigerate to harden the fudgy ganache!
    Serve 12 for 7 grams carbs and 4 grams of fiber for 3 NET grams of carb per serving.
    Remove from oven and cool.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)