1st week - It works!

Options
Hello All

Just to give new starters a bit of encouragement........ MFP certainly works.

Today was my first weigh in and I lost 2.5 pounds.

Also, I've noticed that I am enjoying eating healthily and although I have had some wine this week, one small glass has quite an effect on me so I doubt I'll miss it that much. Besides, one glass is easily factored in.

I think my (bad) carbohydrate/sugar cravings are getting less too.

I'm glad I found MFP!

H. x

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss, WTG, and keep up the good work!xx
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    good job congrats on your loss ;)
  • justlottie
    Options
    well done :) Have yet to have first weigh in but it's working for me so far as i turned down birthday cake where as i wouldn't usually ha ! the thought of having to enter it in here stopped me and i have a target in black and white and that's kept me strong :)
  • ga_peach75
    ga_peach75 Posts: 17
    Options
    Good Job, keep up the good work.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Welcome to the family!
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers!
  • holden_chick
    Options
    It does work, I have lost 8 pounds this week.
  • Hermia76
    Hermia76 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for your congrats and good wishes. Seems like you are all doing well. Good job.

Justlottie: Well done on resisting the birthday cake. Hard I know. Someday soon you'll be able to have a piece, I'm sure. x

holden_chick: 8 pounds. Wow. Well done. I couldn't lose that in a month!

:flowerforyou: For you All . xx
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Thats fantastic!! Well done on the good work!

Im also new to MFP, I joined a week ago and I have also lost weight this week (4lbs!!). Unfortunately, I had a few too many vodka and soda's on saturday night so yesterday was a really really bad day diet-wise :-( Im back on the waggon today and I know i'll make it up, but I just wish I had more discipline when it comes to my alcohol consumption.... That seems to be my downfall, so what I really want is to give it up altogether, at least for a couple months.. I would welcome any tips on how to do this, especially from fellow members who like a drink and who have quit themselves!!!

To all, have a great week!! :happy:
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just wish I had more discipline when it comes to my alcohol consumption.... That seems to be my downfall, so what I really want is to give it up altogether, at least for a couple months.. I would welcome any tips on how to do this, especially from fellow members who like a drink and who have quit themselves!!!

To all, have a great week!! :happy:

Hi there,

I'm a 20 year old girl who loves going out clubbing with friends and going to bars, so alcohol was a fair problem to me. I think there's a lot to be gained by coming to the conclusion that you don't need alcohol to have a good time. When I go out clubbing it's about the dancing; when I go to pubs it's about the company.. I don't NEED a drink to have a good time, and as soon as you realise that, you will find it a lot easier to give it up.

I haven't had a drink since I started losing weight almost a year ago, apart from one glass of champers at New Year, and I found it a lot easier to shed the pounds. Sometimes on a night out, I was drinking over 2000 cals JUST IN ALCOHOL. It was absolutely shocking, and so much easier to give it up when I realised this.
  • kateminx
    kateminx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello All

Just to give new starters a bit of encouragement........ MFP certainly works.

Today was my first weigh in and I lost 2.5 pounds.

Also, I've noticed that I am enjoying eating healthily and although I have had some wine this week, one small glass has quite an effect on me so I doubt I'll miss it that much. Besides, one glass is easily factored in.

I think my (bad) carbohydrate/sugar cravings are getting less too.

I'm glad I found MFP!

H. x

Hi H!

I'm the same height and weighed in at the same weight when I joined MFP (after losing a shed load of weight before and needing help with the last two stone!)

If you want to add me as a friend then please do - I have an open diary - I just ask that you dont judge me on the amount of junk I eat :blushing: )

I'm also currently doing the 30DS - so if you feel the need to tone up as well as lose inches then shout if you need any support :flowerforyou:

Good luck and to everyone else on MFP!

Kxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!