In need of positive, motivated, fitness buddies!

Options
ttstewart1295
ttstewart1295 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey(:
My name is Tiann, I'm 20 years old, and I am here to get my health under control. I'm in absolute need to lose 200lbs (I know.. It's embarrassing to say this because I'm so young. I had a child at 18 and really let myself go)

Replies

• jaclynciccone
    jaclynciccone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you can do this.. think positively and work hard. Feel free to add me and we can support each other. good luck
  • chels3337
    chels3337 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tiann also feel free to add me! I'm new to this app as well
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiann,

Do feel free to add me if you wish.

Remember - It takes us years to gain the weight, hence, don't expect to drop it overnight... PERIOD!!

Here's what I follow.... pick n' choose what you like ;-)

1.) Set small achievable weight-loss goals (eg. - lose 1-2 pounds per week)
    2.) Take each new day as a new 'opportunity' to get a bit closer to your goal
    3.) Have one 'cheat meal' per week factored into your lifestyle change.. eat whatever you wish, don't overeat
    4.) Try to log as much as possible what you eat and physical activities you do... even if it seems too small (even 1 tsp ketchup or mayo)... this site is a good tool for you, so use it
    5.) Do not feel depressed if you gain weight or 'plateau' at a certain weight

MOST IMPORTANT - look at your weight-loss journey as a 'lifestyle change'... enjoy the journey towards your destination (200 pounds loss).

Welcome & All the best!! :-)
  • lorna_tyler
    lorna_tyler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new aswell, well I set this up last July after having my twins in June, but I have just got back on the last few days and I'm actually really enjoying calorie counting and starting exercising more regularly, I'm looking for some motivation and sharing tips you can add me if you like :)
  • nene9999
    nene9999 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started last week looking to lose 70 pounds I have had three kids and let myself go as well ready to lose the pounds and get healthy again
  • twebbywebb
    twebbywebb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose nearly 50 pounds. Need support and motivation. I'm a new mum, so I'm trying to figure out how to fit in exercise and making healthy meals with a baby to look after.
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 140 to lose. I only want positive people as well!
  • lindajaylewis
    lindajaylewis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Tiann, Feel free to add me to. I totally agree with Mankars reply. This is a Journey to stay healthy! I have been
    doing my fitness pal for over 2 years. Ups and downs. But also doing weight watchers to keep me on track with
    portion control. I have kept off about 27 lbs. through my journey. Total loss of 45 lbs. I've been back tracking since January 2016. Motivation is key also. Welcome!
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You've got this lady! You are capable of anything you put your mind too! This is a great community and we will help you along the way. Feel free to add me :)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Don't feel embarrassed, all that matters is you're here now and ready to change your life! Feel free to add me, always looking for new active pals to help with accountability! I'd love to help you <3
  • gingerygal
    gingerygal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for more motivation :)
  • nastyness212
    nastyness212 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just remember its one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Continue to win everyday and your goals will be attained. Feel free to add me.
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, always nice to have new friends!