Weigh in confusion - please help!

Options
Hi,

I have used MFP for a number of years on and off, mostly back in 2012 when I lost around 3st.

I have put back on a bit of the weight and am back on here now to loose it again which is great.

I started back on the 18th so just over a week, I have had my first weigh in today and although my weight has stayed pretty much the same my body fat percentage has gone down from 25.9% (23.1kg body fat) to 23.7% (21.2Kg body fat). The results just look confusing, any idea why this would be, could the extra weight be water weight, as i seem to have lost fat weight but stayed the same weight overall????xbt8onz4bsrt.jpg

Cheers

Replies

• laurenm0304
    laurenm0304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    According to that, you've lost height too.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    What's your goal height?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    These types of machines are not accurate in regards to bodyfat percentages. Completely disregard the reading.
  • IRISH47474
    IRISH47474 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Body fat can fluctuate wildly based on what you have eaten, last time you worked out, etc. Ignore small changes and only pay attention to trends over a longer period of time (at least 3 months.) Your height changed as well so that could make a slight difference.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Body fat doesn't "fluctuate wildly," but the results obtained from these devices does.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    your height is wrong in one of them..... that would make all the difference to BF and BMI readings...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Lost?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Lost?

It's difficult to tell if the 27th of the month is before or after the 18th of the same month in the same year. That part wasn't clarified.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Lost?

Haircut?
  • maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    your height is different on the 2 one
  • danrhodes
    danrhodes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, i don't know whats going on then, i must have grown 1cm in a week and stayed the same weight despite running or walking daily and keeping a close eye on my calorie intake. Ah well its a marathon not a sprint, ill weigh in again next week and see what happens.

Cheers People :smiley: