Exercise DVD's

Options
What are your favourite exercise DVD's and do they work ?

Replies

• Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I have a few favourites and yes they do work. Just got to learn to push yourself that little bit harder each time and do a variety.
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Best one ive found is Jillian Michaels 30 DS - but its really hard! I can only do it about 3 times a week and then if I stop for a week my body kills!!!

Also love the Wii fitness games, am currently working through "My Fitness Coach" which am aiming to do 30 mins each day and ive got Jillian Michaels on Wii - but its not the same as the DVD and there isnt much on it - but still kills you!
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started Jilliam Michael's 30 Day Shred yesterday and do I ache today. The section from my chest down to my knees not sure which bit hurts the most everytime I move I find a new muscle I never knew I had lol.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred and sometimes turbo jam's 20 mins cardio.

I like the 30 ds because I *really* work out and the other is more for fun, and getting a quick workout.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Definitely 30 day shred, i don't do it every day as I like going to the gym, I do it on days when i'm a bit short of time as its only 20 minutes. But be warned, its a tough 20 minutes lol :smile:
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I agree with Katy. I enjoy going to the gym or running outside - but sometimes when I'm bored or want a quick work out I'll follow along.

I like JM Ripped in 30 and any of the p90x dvds (Plyo being my ABSOLUTE) favorite. Following DVD's is like following a gym routine, with the work you'll have progress.
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I used to like the Taebo things (until Billy lost his mind and moved to Japan), mostly because I could get my wife to work out with me. After awhile, she quit playing along, and the DVDs went back on the shelf (where they remain). I do, however, like Wii Zumba! Though, that is more active play, rather than a directed work out regime.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've got heaps of billy blanks tae bo dvds/vhs and I love them :) I also have a few jillian michaels ones from the shape up series but for a lot of those you need a step and I don't have one.

I also own yoga and pilaties dvds but not into them. And I have a girls of the playboy mansion exercise dvd but they don't really do any work in them but I loved that show so got it anyway!
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I am in the Uk and have 30DS, Banish the fat and Yoga meltdown. Plus Kate Lawler's Dvd, Kerry Katona, we used to love Shaun T's Hip Hop abs but we did it to death.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    P90X, Insanity, ChaLEAN Extreme and Tae Bo. Yes they all work as long as you do them.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian because she uses a combination of efficient movements, she's real, and she's not "perfect"... She has two really pretty, muscular, strong women working with her in the 30DS DVD... and they have some nice sexy hips and thighs. Not those starved, skinny bimbo-esque types who've sacrificed muscle for the sake of their own misconstrued ideas of sex appeal.
  • turbofiregirl
    Options
    My favourite so far has been Turbo Fire. I have also liked Turbo Jam and Slim in 6.
  • lovejoydavid
    Options
    I like Jillian because she uses a combination of efficient movements, she's real, and she's not "perfect"... She has two really pretty, muscular, strong women working with her in the 30DS DVD... and they have some nice sexy hips and thighs. Not those starved, skinny bimbo-esque types who've sacrificed muscle for the sake of their own misconstrued ideas of sex appeal.

Alright, that's it, you are DEFINITELY a writer...That was such a rich description, that I think my blood sugar went up...
  • JennieAL
    Options
    Thanks David ;) What a compliment... I'm loving it :) Although... I've learned to take compliments in stride... just like moderating wine and chocolate.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Davina Mcalls Power of 3 - 3 30 minute workouts and Beverly Callard's are brilliant
  • lovejoydavid
    Options
    Thanks David ;) What a compliment... I'm loving it :) Although... I've learned to take compliments in stride... just like moderating wine and chocolate.

Hmm, physiologically, compliments probably agonize the same mu receptors, and are probably just as non-nutritive. However, less fattening! And, surely, well earned.
  • JennieAL
    Options

Alright, that's it, you are DEFINITELY a writer...That was such a rich description, that I think my blood sugar went up...

I'm a huge fan of Hemingway (oh for the young ones... that's Ernest Hemingway... google him please). And so I love short, concise, action driven sentences that deliver a punch. That's how Hemingway rolled and that's how I try to roll ;)
  • JennieAL
    Options
    I'm all for doing whatever it takes to keep the mu receptors on my team :)
  • dannidoc
    dannidoc Posts: 19
    Options
    martine mccutcheons dancebody and coleen rooneys workout