What do you think of the "Free the Nip" movement?

Options
BastionJames
BastionJames Posts: 1 Member
Just wondering what people think about the Free the Nipple movement? How do you feel as someone that is proud of fitness?

Replies

• Big_YEET
    Big_YEET Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    *waits for comments from grossed out/horny men and irate feminists*
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I don't think its a "feminist movement" when women are exposing the part of the body that 99% of straight men are attracted to.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Im in no way a faminist. But im fully for free the nip. As a former breast feeding mom it was a shame tonsee peoples reactions when i fed publicly. I was in no way going to cover up my son eating and my nip slipped and never bothered me or made me feel ashamed. And my husband learned to be okay with it. If men can show theirs i can show mine. Mine are no more sexual than theirs are but society made them that way. If someone is grossed out dont look.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm all for equal rights. I never understood why I got in trouble as a kid for running around without a shirt when the boys didn't. Double standards are stupid.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    to be honest I hope it actually makes some kind of change because when I finally do have children and someone bothers me for breastfeeding I might go to jail for using a rattle as a projectile....
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i'm fine with it. do whatever you want as long as it does no harm to me or my family, i'm likely not going to care.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm all for equal rights. I never understood why I got in trouble as a kid for running around without a shirt when the boys didn't. Double standards are stupid.

I agree. Double standard. We are a very uptight nation.

• HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I don't think its a "feminist movement" when women are exposing the part of the body that 99% of straight men are attracted to.

what about the women that are attracted to male nipples? and yet men go shirtless.

I find the concept of shaming the HUMAN body ridiculous. Who cares if it's a boob, or a butt or an arm or a foot? It's a body part, ALL body parts can be sexualized and I don't think that any one person should be required to hide said body part because another person finds it offensive or gets all randy when they see it.

That's why we have eyes, so we can look elsewhere if we don't like what we see.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I don't feel strongly either way. I'm not offended by nipples though,

Some thoughts:

I know that even if it is made legal most women won't go running around topless just like most men do wear shirts. Even on the beach here there are plenty of guys wearing shirts and rash guards.

Even though men's bikinis are fine where I live most men here don't wear them.

Even on topless beaches where I live most women wear tops.

It seems that some people get really worked up about this (on one side or the other) and some don't.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I seriously just do not care, one way or the other. Go naked, wear a turtleneck, whatever. Personally, I am a little sick of the word "movement" because it seems like there's a new one I should care about every day...but other than that I have absolutely no opinion on this one. However, I will say that even once I hit my goal weight and fitness level I will never go topless in public. That's just me.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    its legal here in Ontario and it should be everywhere

who cares
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Remember when we all saw Janet Jackson's nipple and the world devolved into chaos?

Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

We need to keep the nipples hidden if we're to survive as a species. /s
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing - Most of what is sexual about boobs is the breast itself, not the nipple specifically (and men, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Yet, it's fine to let the whole boob hang out and about, so long as the nip is hidden/covered. That makes NO SENSE.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing - Most of what is sexual about boobs is the breast itself, not the nipple specifically (and men, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Yet, it's fine to let the whole boob hang out and about, so long as the nip is hidden/covered. That makes NO SENSE.

Like I don't get media censorship. Rated R Movies can show women's breast but why cant they show a man's penis
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

Like I don't get media censorship. Rated R Movies can show women's breast but why cant they show a man's penis

They can but some male movie stars don't want to show their junk and occasionally you'll see D

There was D head in the Danish Girl for example , though given it was a Transgender persons D, but I nice D nonetheless
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »

They can but some male movie stars don't want to show their junk and occasionally you'll see D

Could it be because some men rate their manhood by the size of the D? IJS