Starting over..ugh!

Options
Mavalicous
Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
So I've been over weight pretty much my entire life. I get tired of it and get super motivated and lose the weight. Went from 269 to 189. The second time I got as high as 350 and back down to 199. Well here I am again. I was as high as 272, now I'm around 255.

I lose ihe weight then start eating the garbage that got me overweight to begin with. I have to break this cycle!! It's too much work to keep doing this on top if the toll this is doing to my body. I started running and completed a 5k, 10k, and was looking forward to a half marathon. I even ran 15 miles once just to see how far I could go!!!

Ugh. ..I can't believe I let myself go as hard as it was to get where I was! Lol

Replies

• sld13316
    sld13316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    me too, lets do this together! greek yogurt, HB eggs, almonds and salad are my go to favs. I too have done 1/2 marathons and 5's and 10's. it spring, lets get running again!
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you give yourself some time I'm sure you'll get many responses similar to mine. I was a healthy 130 lbs. in what I think was another lifetime. I stopped smoking years ago and never looked back and the challenge began. Now, like you and so many others, I fight this weight battle every day. Some days I win and some days I don't; but I've promised myself to continue trying. I wish you well and as much as I wouldn't wish this battle on anyone, it helps to know there's support and so many members willing to offer guidance and support. You'll succeed, you've proven you can do this.
  • monthebiffpls
    monthebiffpls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can say I'm in the same situation. Although my issue is being on a constant plateaus because I eat healthy but have a big binge which takes me nowhere in the long run. I've started running as you say you have been doing before. Add me as a friend and we can push through this together!
  • ambersamartin
    ambersamartin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's to trying again for the 1000x!
  • Kimmie827mfp
    Kimmie827mfp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another runner here. Up and down weight too. My really big gains have been during my 4 pregnancies over the past 9 years. Each time a struggle to lose and get back to a weight where I can run comfortably. I eat healthy but still struggle each time to lose the last 25 lbs and was only successful once when I was running like 25+ miles a week. I'm at the last 25 lbs now and I just want it gone, but I want to eat more too! :tired_face:
  • PinkNGoldDreams
    PinkNGoldDreams Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Story of my life! I lose the weight and then gain it back double
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! The important thing is you are here and you never know this may be the time that it 'clicks' with you. You can do it - you already know that...
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I am old so I will let you in on the real issue. It's a matter of settling for whatever you grab to eat. (was my problem big time). So you stop settling for eating crap and eat food that will fuel you instead. Also my favorite phrase...

Once you work on what's eating you, you won't want to eat so much.

Eating to fill a void, that was me. So now, I eat great food, and I swear I am on a caffeine high... So you stop settling, and treat yourself with respect. Take the time to pick great food.

If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.

YOU got this.
  • Beastie1982
    Beastie1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mavalicous wrote: »
    So I've been over weight pretty much my entire life. I get tired of it and get super motivated and lose the weight. Went from 269 to 189. The second time I got as high as 350 and back down to 199. Well here I am again. I was as high as 272, now I'm around 255.

I lose ihe weight then start eating the garbage that got me overweight to begin with. I have to break this cycle!! It's too much work to keep doing this on top if the toll this is doing to my body. I started running and completed a 5k, 10k, and was looking forward to a half marathon. I even ran 15 miles once just to see how far I could go!!!

Ugh. ..I can't believe I let myself go as hard as it was to get where I was! Lol
    Sounds like my own story. :)
    good luck and I believe you can do this