Day after starting 30 Day Shred OMG

Options
Rae9911
Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday and boy do I know it. I am aching from the Chest down to the Knees, did anyone else suffer like this and if so any suggestions for easing the aching. I am building myself up to do Level 1 Day 2 tonight when I get home from work but it hurts to sit down or move so not sure how well I will do tonight but will give it my best shot. :ohwell:

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice it until it woke me up around 4 am the next morning... I thought I'd kicked major *kitten*. LOL. My pecs were the worst. However, the second time I did it... I sailed perfectly through and it felt lovely. I put my buff boyfriend to shame, he wanted to quit halfway through. Keep it up. You will work out the soreness and you'll be fine.
  • Rae9911
    Options
    Thanks Jennie will do it again tonight but may have a bath after instead of a shower to soak the muscles lol.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Definitely work though the pain! It stopped hurting for me after day 3.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking lots (did I say LOTS) of water. That helps the muscles heal. Great job! :drinker:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Keep doing the workouts. Do a hot bath in Epsom salt if you can or take hot shower and stretch good.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Definitely work though the pain! It stopped hurting for me after day 3.

I second this - the pain diminished after d3 and vanished after d4 :)
  • Rae9911
    Options
    Thanks guys will just grit my teeth to get through these early days, appreciate the feed back.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    I know you can do it!! [:
  • marmitegirly2
    marmitegirly2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Days 1 and 2 were the worst. I did level 2 (still the beginners' versions!) for day 3 and today my thighs aren't hurting! Hooray. Keep it up, it gets better!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    All I can tell you is DO NOT STOP. Keep going. Push yourself. By day 5 or 6, it will be easier and you will be much less sore. Honestly by the time I got to levels 2 and 3, I didn't even get sore anymore. I had a great workout, sweating just as much and kicking *kitten*, but just no soreness. It really whips you into shape. Give it your all and push through and you WILL be happy you did!! Good luck, I know you CAN do it!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am so tempted to get the 30DS dvds... what do you put it down as when you log the exercise?
  • JennieAL
    Options
    I created my own name for it. And I make it 170 cals. There's a custom option when you log your exercises.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Make sure you do some proper stretching, the cooldown on the DVD is not enough, that will help with soreness.

@TavistockToad I logged as circuit training, general
  • hanharr
    hanharr Posts: 9
    Options
    for me, my first time doing the shred really messed up my quads! i could barely walk for a few days after it and figured out it was DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) because right after doing the workout i really hadn't felt any soreness in my thighs. so my biggest recommendation is to do extra stretches after the cooldown jillian gives you that focus on the muscles giving you the hardest time. i started up with the workout again after giving my legs a break and did quadriceps stretches after the cooldown and didn't have any severe soreness!
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I am to do day 4 today and I have no soreness other than my usual aches and pains that I have whether or not I work out; After day 1 though I could not lift my arms-

mind you - I have to do my version of 30ds- as I cannot do jumping jacks no matter how hard a I try - so I do a modified half jump full jack version - I am so glad no one can see me but the cats !
  • JennieAL
    Options
    mind you - I have to do my version of 30ds- as I cannot do jumping jacks no matter how hard a I try - so I do a modified half jump full jack version - I am so glad no one can see me but the cats !
    [/quote]

Jillian says NO to modifying jumping jacks... LOL :) Although I could care less what she says... I say tough it out.. come on, it aint' THAT hard to do a complete jack, is it?? And when the cats are looking on.. don't you feel so much more empowered?? I know I love my cats' support :)
  • Rae9911
    Options
    My cat runs out of the room and my two young daughters stand there giggling but they do give encouragement "Go on mum you can do it" and it does help when I feel like giving up.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    My cat runs out of the room and my two young daughters stand there giggling but they do give encouragement "Go on mum you can do it" and it does help when I feel like giving up.

That is cute!! lol :D
  • JennieAL
    Options
    You absolutely must do what the cats tell you to do... and you KNOW what they mean when they look at you that way.