8 Week Blood Sugar diet starting tomorrow

Options
Hello! I've tried every diet going and am still fat - actually, I'm fatter than ever. I need to sort myself out and after lots of research kept landing on the BSD page so I figure it's worth a go. The most effective weight loss I've had in the past was with Atkins but the BSD, although low carb, includes more support for us veggies and, therefore, a more varied and fibre filled diet. Anyone else out there on the same is very welcome to join me on the journey. I have a significant amount to lose, btw. :)

Replies

• kimberleigh17
    kimberleigh17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey - SNAP to everything you've said. I've got a lot to lose. 10 stone to be precise. I too am starting the blood sugar diet tomorrow. Let's be buddies
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've tried every diet going and am still fat - actually, I'm fatter than ever. I need to sort myself out and after lots of research kept landing on the BSD page so I figure it's worth a go. The most effective weight loss I've had in the past was with Atkins but the BSD, although low carb, includes more support for us veggies and, therefore, a more varied and fibre filled diet. Anyone else out there on the same is very welcome to join me on the journey. I have a significant amount to lose, btw. :)

Hi, I noticed this part most of all. The 8 week blood sugar diet is, I assume, 8 weeks. What happens after that?

I really, really want to encourage you to try the straight calorie counting that MFP is designed for instead of any specific diet. I have restarted MFP again after weight gain from the second kid and lazy eating. I have lost weight, and don't have to follow a specific eating plan. I have ice cream (but not all the time) I have beer (but not that much) I have vegetables (every day) and I have tons of food and still lose weight.

I can see myself eating this way for a long time. Some days are good, some days I'm over, but the overall trend is still my weight going down.

If you log your calories and play around to find foods that help you stay full you, too, can find a diet that is easier to maintain. It might be low carb, it might not. If you don't need to monitor carbs for health reasons like diabetes, then you don't need to monitor carbs to lose weight.

No matter what, I wish you luck, and please read some of these threads.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OP, no matter what "diet" you do, whether or not you lose weight depends on whether you eat less calories than you burn or not. Since you're here, use the food log and make sure your calories are where they need to be, regardless of what you eat. The key is to find a way of eating that keeps you happy and satisfied at the right calorie level. Good luck!
  • naplesdanielle
    naplesdanielle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is the BSD?
  • minnietheminx2016
    minnietheminx2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is a diet/way of life which is basically low carb/low sugar, aimed at preventing or reversing type 2 diabetes. The 8 week bit is an initial fast weight loss and 'reprogramming'. It is by Dr Michael Mosley and an online search will find the excellent website easily.
  • minnietheminx2016
    minnietheminx2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, not here to cause a fight! Not in my name, ta. I have done my homework. Michael Mosley is a highly respected BBC health professional. I have his book, have watched his TV programmes, scoured his website, like his common sense, human approach based on scientific research through top universities. I like it because it is vegetarian friendly, based on clean eating and seems manageable. I also like the way it supports the physical and mental aspects of good health. I was just hoping to link up with other people wanting to try it too. I wish everyone here all the very best of health - whichever path they choose. B)
  • fourcheeze
    fourcheeze Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The most effective weight loss I've had in the past was with Atkins but the BSD, although low carb, includes more support for us veggies and, therefore, a more varied and fibre filled diet. Anyone else out there on the same is very welcome to join me on the journey. I have a significant amount to lose, btw. :)

Been doing this since 1st Feb. So far lost 20kg in 12 weeks. Weight is still coming off at an average 0.5-1 kg per week but it can be erratic.

I've got another 20kg to lose to be merely "overweight" and then a further 20kg to be in the "normal" range, by which time I'll have lost over 3/7 of what I was.

Good luck and enjoy. I love this way of eating.