5kg in 7 weeks = doable?

Options
Hi all,
I've been using MFP since April and have lost 8lbs so far. It's been slow, but have been training for my first triathlon which is in 2 weeks time.
In 7 weeks I will be bridesmaid and going on holiday and would like to lose another 5kg (11lbs). Do you think that is doable?
I'd also like to ask your advice. I have been training quite intensely and have been a little frustrated at how slow weight loss has been. I am not sure if I am getting the whole net calories/eating back your calories concept. On the progress report I'd say I've been average 1200 net calories- should this be more if I burn 500-600 calories per day (MFP set my calorie goal as 1200).
Sorry to ask some stupid questions!!

I also work away A LOT! So hotel food often plays havoc with planning meals. Anyone else the same and could offer some advice?
Many thanks
xx :smile:

Replies

• polypea
    polypea Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm only knew to this but I was wondering if maybe your weight loss seems slow because your building up muscle?
    You are obviously burning off calories but if your building up muscle you won't see as much weight coming off, as any fat you had is turning into muscle & if I remember rightly muscle weighs more than fat!

Not sure if this is any help but it's worth a thought.

Good luck with the triathlon.

Polypea.
  • simenmortensen
    simenmortensen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is very doable. My tip use a Pulse Watch with calorie tracker while exercising, makes it much easier to log exercises.
    I eat Net 1400 + food I get to eat from exercise
    (man now 86kg down from 100kg)
    I also travel, just pick salads, egg or porridge etc… and bring your snickers and jogging wear….
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Losses can be slow depending on how much you have to lose - judging from your profile picture you don't look that much overweight which is possibly why your losses have slowed. Keep at it! As for the working away, just try to make as sensible choices as possible and try to plan as much as you can in advance.
  • bailey1981
    Options
    Thank you..... but definitely have some way to go... BMI is currently 28 and weigh 83kgs.... the photo was 2 years ago so I would like to be back there... plus a bit more. I think I was around 80kgs and I'd like to get to 78kgs for August. I know it's not a huge amount to lose, it just seems to be a very hard slog!!
  • bailey1981
    Options
    bump