Stage three kidney disease and diabetes put me on the road to lose 65 pds

Options
I hate to admit it took several health issues to get me to change my unhealthy habits. I go to a diabetes dr and she sent me to a dietician they set me up with a diet. It's a 1200 calorie diet, at first I thought I couldn't do it, but I did. I discovered that I wasn't eating because I was hungry necessarily but because I was stressed, mad, unhappy or bored. Once I quit using food to comfort myself and started eating healthy to sustain myself. One of my main motivations is no doing further damage to my kidneys because of high blood sugar.

Replies

• jillajillabobilla
    jillajillabobilla Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Good for you for starting! I started my journey because the doctor said I was pre-diabetic and the kidney transplant doctors I work with put the fear of god into me lol. Down 30lbs from when I started, still got like 70 to go but no longer pre-doiabetic. I won't say it gets easier, but I guess the best way to describe it is that I enjoy the challenge more and the healthier food more. Also when I mess up and eat too much junk it taste a lot different to me (in a bad way) and I feel sick. I can't pig out like I used to lol.
  • reeba0613
    reeba0613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here.... Just started metformin for prediabetes..Determined to get this weight off! Turning 40 in June
  • susailee211
    susailee211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! My dr scared me too!!! I'm off some of my blood pressure Meds and down on my insulin too!!! Glad I listen to Drs.