Breastfeeding and IIFYM

Options
Hello! I just started the IIFYM... I have calculated my numbers based on not breastfeeding but how do I figure in breastfeeding? Also, based on exercise, do I subtract the calories burned?

Replies

• ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    A lot of estimates are 500 calories for breastfeeding but you need to play with it and find what works for you as it changes depending on how much your baby is eating. 500 was too much for me. I would also add back exercise calories and slowly lower cals until you find what works without losing supply
  • MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Play with the numbers a little. It depends on how much your baby is eating. Start by 400-500 extra then if you are not losing weight still then lower it a bit more. I am breastfeeding my 10 mo old and i just give myself 100 extra calories a day.. I was allowing up to 500 extra before but i wasnt losing weight so i lowered it. Luckily my supply was not affected.
  • ashleygotschall
    ashleygotschall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm still BF'ing my 13 month old and am doing the same. Although I did not allot for extra calories yet, I thought I'd give it a week first. Today was my first day on iifym and I feel awesome and feel like it forced me to eat more than I normally do as I'm always on the go, which should actually help my supply is my thoughts! ;)