odd question (for ladies)

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
you men can read but may not enjoy it.

any ladies on the depo, do you ever have monthly water retention despite not actually having a 'period'.
i swear every so often , and could posiblly be once a month , i jump up a couple pounds for a couple days, just long enough to get frustrated and depressed, then boom it falls off easy.

trying to figure out why so maybe next time i DON'T get so frustrated and depressed

Replies

• pantoinette
    Options
    Hi Fairy Miss,

I still get the water retention even though I'm on the pill - it's annoying but at least you now know what it probably is!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    UGH i hated the depo shot for so many reasons and you probably do have water retention but it's also so damn harder (for me anyways) to shed any weight while on that. i lasted through one round after i had my son two years ago. drink extra extra water when you have those feelingl bloatd days is my only advice.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    im on the depo, i love it because i dont get periods thats the reason i have it so i put up with water retention, i would rather that than a period but it is annoying. :0)
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm on the hormone iud and I still get all kinds of symptoms, just no period. Also it seems like weight can fluctuate 3 or 4 lbs everyday. I'm a daily weigher and I look at the big picture. I know my weight will jump around in a certain range, I look at if that range is falling. But I only track my weight once a week. I have also started keeping track my monthly weight loss. Sometimes I feel that I am breaking my a** to lose 1/2 a lb, but those little losses add up. The scale is only one indicator of your success. Keep up the good work.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im on the depo, i love it because i dont get periods thats the reason i have it so i put up with water retention, i would rather that than a period but it is annoying. :0)

im on seasonale which means i only get a period once every three months...which is awesome, but i think with every type of contraception there's gonna be water retention :( better than having babies and be super bloated for months on end :)
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake during those times and increase your water consumption to get it all out...
  • Sonya381
    Sonya381 Posts: 5
    Options
    Your body will retain water at certain times to carry the extra hormone. It could be that you are ovulating therefore the water retension seems worse. I know that I cannot take the pill because besides becoming a woman posessed I find the bloating very debilitating and feel so lethargic - good luck x
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm not on any control and I still get water retention. Your hormones do that for ya, lol! If you are seeing at the same time every month then that is probably the reason. Good luck!
  • JuliaWiet
    JuliaWiet Posts: 1
    Options
    The Depo shot made me bloat, retain....everything. I gained a least 20 lbs over the course of the 6 years I was on it. I decided to come off the shots when I started to develop dark facial hair. I'd say it has it's advantages, but trying to get the weight back off after you quit the shot is the hard part.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

im on seasonale which means i only get a period once every three months...which is awesome, but i think with every type of contraception there's gonna be water retention :( better than having babies and be super bloated for months on end :)

my thoughts exactly
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Slightly offtopic but my sister was on that, and when she came off it and switched to the pill, her boobs grew two cup sizes in two weeks!!!!
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm on Depo and I have not had any problems with water retention but then I am drinking so much more water than I used to so I have not really noticed it as I am always popping to the loo lol.