hello everyone, trying to get healthy

Options
hey, im lindsey and recently noticed that my health has been becoming a problem (my asthma is getting worse) because of my weight so i figured it is time to do something about it. i just started a second job and soon to be a third job and seem to have very little time to exercise, and the worst part is that my first job is a waitress at a restaraunt so if we r slow we can eat, and my other job is at a hotel 3rd shift with very little to do so i eat out of bordem and my 3 job is going to also be a hotel 3rd and 1st shift. my biggest problem is that i eat out of bordem most of the time. it seems like i am always sleeping or working, i work around 70 to 80 hours a week on my day or 2 off a week i try to catch up on sleep then go for a walk, bike ride or kayaking with a friend but the only bad thing about that is lately my days off it is horrible weather out to do ne thing, and if it is nice i dont feel like im doing much bc it is only 1 day a week, i need help to stay on track with this whole getting healthy and loosing weight thing

Replies

• gothicprophet
    Options
    Welcome, Lindsey!

MFP is a great resource to get you on your path to fitness. :D
  • jasthespazz
    Options
    you'll do great. MFP has helped me lose 3 pounds in less than a week and I have barely tried. if you want to add me, please do! =)
  • markdebbie
    markdebbie Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Lindsay, WElcome and good luck... feel free to add me for a bit of support :smile: x
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome

This site is a great place to be for support and encouragement

Don't forget to log everything, it really does help.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress :smile:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lindsey.
  • atsimon
    atsimon Posts: 10
    Options
    If there is one thing I've learned, it is that you should not beat yourself up over not exercising. Yes, it is great for mind and body, but if you have only 30 mins a day to do something for yourself, you are much better off spending that time preparing healthy food options for your meals. Your intake will play much more a part in weight loss than exercise. That being said, the exercise is great and will help build lean muscle, which in turn will burn more calories...BUT the most important thing, in my opinion, is to eat a healthy balance of fats, carbs, and proteins, take in plenty of fiber, and drink lots of water! It's worked for me:-)