Farm lady looking to get in shape

Options
Hello!
New to this site. Laying in bed irritated because I can't sleep due to the caffeen I have had today and started thinking of how achy and old I feel...been thinking its time to make changes...but now i am stay home mom/lil'farm wife and have time to focus on me a little more.
Kind of keeping it semi low key on home front. They already knew that with new mini farm I wwanted to grow and raise our own food but my exercise will start out low and in mornings before everyone is up....figure I have 5acres and a hell of a driveway I will work on tackling first :) want to be able to make it down and back without feeling like I'm dying....then to be able to walk to end of road and back to prepare walking kid to and from bus stop (with out dreading the idea) then I want to help my family get healthier...all thin but don't feel active enough and husband is achy like me...kids get "tired" and "hot" way too easy for 4 & 6yrs old.
That's about it for this newbie :)

Replies

• clancie518
    clancie518 Posts: 40
    Options
    welcome!!!... this is a great site with very supportive people. good for you for taking steps to make "you" and your family healthier.. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mamasitatata
    Options
    Welcome!! You will love it here!! I signed up last week and looove it so far! Everyone is very supportive and encouraging! Feel free to friend me if you want! The more friends you have the more support you will receive! GL!!
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    The folks here are def supportive! Also, the tools here help you focus on the issues that will help you reach your goal/
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome! i also live on 5 acres in rural Kansas. I have a four year old son, and have learned to find creative ways to burn calories here at home since I can't just up and go hiking or biking. I have two horses, so I spend a lot of time with them, but have also started jogging around the horse pasture (I get some crazy looks from them sometimes, lol). This site is so great for motivation and meeting new friends. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcome, I have only been a member for about 2 weeks and I love this site. You can do it - just log everything you eat and do - and it will work! Welcome, everyone is here for you!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

It sounds like you've got a plan in place so good for you. You'll also find this place so helpful and supportive.
  • iowacowgirl76
    Options
    Hello! I am also new to this site, and a "farm lady" as well. I have been overweight for the last 9 years of my life and am ready to change! I just joined this site yesterday and it is absolutely amazing! It is so easy to log your information, and by what I've noticed, the support here is unbelievable! Feel free to friend me, and good luck with your journey!!!!!!!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!