Samsung S Fit

Options
Does anyone use their Samsung S Fit as a pedometer for activity logging? It doesn't link to MFP so I manually log the calorie burn and was wondering if people thought it was fairly accurate?

I am a server so I walk ALOT at work and I keep my phone in my apron so I can log it all. I know there are other apps with pedometers but since S Fit is always running in the background and was built into my phone I just use that.

Replies

• jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Just an anecdote...

One of my coworkers used his phone app (I don't remember if it was specifically Samsung S Fit) for a work-sponsored step challenge.

We were about 2 weeks in to the 6-week challenge when he got a FitBit. He was walking the exact same route every night, and the FitBit was giving him 15-20% more steps than his phone app. He wondered which one was accurate, so he manually counted his steps for a while and realized the FitBit was right and his phone was way off.

Phone apps are better than nothing, but an actual fitness tracker will probably give you better numbers.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    On my S7, the s fit app is usually within twenty steps or so if my UA band, (have checked it a few times over the past couple weeks and it's always pretty much on point!
  • kelseyframe91
    kelseyframe91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use the Samsung S Fit for logging walking time and calories burned onto MFP and I find it very accurate. I sometimes take it out my bag and look at it while walking and it never misses a step!
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Apps like that work best if the phone is in a pocket. Once I got a holster for my phone, Google fit missed nearly half my steps. When it's in my pocket, it's a lot more accurate than my fitbit (since that counts hand movement at times too).
  • Courtney_M_Mora
    Courtney_M_Mora Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    On my S7, the s fit app is usually within twenty steps or so if my UA band, (have checked it a few times over the past couple weeks and it's always pretty much on point!

That is really good to know. It seems like a pretty good app but since I don't have a fitbit I couldn't say for sure. Thanks!!
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have Samsung S Health on my S7 phone. The problem is that S Health doesn't have a setting to adjust your stride in inches. I have a FitBit and you can adjust the stride in the settings on your profile page at their website. I would walk and count your steps and compare that to what S Health counted.
  • Courtney_M_Mora
    Courtney_M_Mora Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    EddieP50 wrote: »
    I have Samsung S Health on my S7 phone. The problem is that S Health doesn't have a setting to adjust your stride in inches. I have a FitBit and you can adjust the stride in the settings on your profile page at their website. I would walk and count your steps and compare that to what S Health counted.

It has my height in it...maybe it calculates from that? My legs are pretty average length I think...for someone 5'5" atleast.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I use it. I don't have a fitness band though.