My stomach just won't go down >:(

Options
I watch what I eat, I bike mostly every day. I do ab work outs after I bike, I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Like I'm trying my best! I don't know if it's the fact that I'm not seeing my progress because I look at myself everyday or what? I weigh 129 ( last time I weighed myself was March) I'm 5'2 or 5'3. Am I shape weird or what? Or I'm just not having any progress? It's so irritating, I'm sick of my stomach being bigger than everything else on my
Body -_-n1zmw7vdaeqa.png

Replies

• MermaidAmanda10
    MermaidAmanda10 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I bet if you took progress pics every month you would see a difference
  • ckauszler
    ckauszler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Weights, planks, burpees if you can
  • Kfayefarawell
    Kfayefarawell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Flat tummys are made in the kitchen! Try eating 135 grams of protein, 120 grams of carbs, and keep your fats near 40 grams a day - consistently! (Look at the nutrition tab at the bottom of your diary- scroll over to macros - the numbers in parentheses show the total of how many grams of protein, carbs, and fats you have eaten that day) Check out "Flexible dieting" or "if it fits your macros" online. Hope this helps!
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Stomach is always problematic for most people, because it holds so much more then the rest. Often some people have nice separation in arms but still hold relatively a lot of fat in mid section. Then they usualy start gaining again and back to diet after 2-3 months. Few diet cuts one at the time and the fat from stomach goes further away each time and after that, it gets distributed more evenly even if u gain some weight. Its the same for me, each cutting year after year i was able to get a little more flat than before, and now its pretty easy to get back to sixpack after not watching my weight for few months during winter. So id say stick to it for now, after certain point, it gets easier.
  • Kfayefarawell
    Kfayefarawell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Flat tummys are made in the kitchen! Try eating 135 grams of protein, 120 grams of carbs, and keep your fats near 40 grams a day - consistently! (Look at the nutrition tab at the bottom of your diary- scroll over to macros - the numbers in parentheses show the total of how many grams of protein, carbs, and fats you have eaten that day) Check out "Flexible dieting" or "if it fits your macros" online. Hope this helps!

You really shouldn't be throwing out numbers like that without having any in depth knowledge of the OP's stats. And even if you did have a bit more information than just her height and weight, every person's calorie/ macronutrient needs are different.

Im completely and entirely aware of everyone being different and needing different needs. I'm actually very well educated on the subject. Based on her height, exercise, current weight I was giving her ball parks, and maybe she won't take my advice and go a different route.. But I was just trying to be helpful. She was asking for help. You look pretty fit yourself, maybe try giving her your own educated advice :) this is a place for reassurance and encouragement.
  • boogleclb105
    boogleclb105 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What I do- find your bmr (Google) get your numbers for your normal daily calorie number, based on your weight height age and daily activity, and be on a caloric deficit I'll say minimum of 500 less then what your body needs normally on a daily bases and INTERMITTENT FAST (YouTube). Exercise 3-6x's week hit cardio/speed intervals and WEIGHT TRAIN its crucial to burning fat fast as hell. Again this is what I do, it's just advise. Hope this helps :)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You wrote that you watch what you eat but you never actually specified if you're eating at a calorie deficit. If you're not eating at a deficit, you're not going to see fat loss.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Try adding some sprints on your bike...worth a go.
    With regard to abdominal fat, Trapp et al. [5] found that 15 weeks of HIIE led to significantly reduced abdominal fat (.15 kg) in untrained young women (Figure 2(b)), whereas Dunn [46] found that 12 weeks of HIIE led to a.12 kg decrease in abdominal fat. As women in these studies possessed relatively low abdominal fat levels, it is possible that the greater abdominal fat of men may demonstrate greater reductions after HIIE. For example, Boudou et al. [8], in a study involving older type 2 diabetic males, found that after 8 weeks of HIIE no change in body mass occurred; however, abdominal adiposity was decreased by 44% (Table 1). Mourier et al. [40] found a 48% reduction in visceral fat, measured by MRI, compared to an 18% decrease in subcutaneous fat following an exercise regimen consisting of steady state exercise two days per week and HIIE one day a week for 8 weeks in type 2 diabetic men and women. Tjønna et al. [3] examined 32 middle-aged metabolic syndrome men and women who performed 16 weeks of HIIE three times per week. V˙O2max  increased by 26% and body weight was reduced by 2.3 kg. Whyte et al. [45] examined ten overweight males aged 32 years after two weeks of HIIE consisting of 6 sessions of a 4–6 repeats of a Wingate test. V˙O2max  increased (8%) and significant change in waist circumference was also found (Table 1). Although the effects of HIIE on fat free mass has not been extensively examined, one study using DEXA found that trunk muscle mass was significantly increased after 15 weeks [5], whereas another study using MRI showed a significant 24% increase in thigh muscle cross sectional area after HIIE [8].

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2991639/
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    You spelled out your exercise regimen. You didn't say anything about how you eat.
    If you are not losing weight it is because you are eating as much or more than you burn (because if you eat less, you WILL lose weight...science).

Go to IIFYM.com and run the calculator there to determine your calorie needs.
    Then go buy a food scale, weigh everything you eat and log it.

Stick to your calorie goal.

You will lose the weight (if not, it's because your calorie goal is still too high or because your not being accurate in your food weighing/logging...adjust and THEN you'll lose the weight).