I finally weighed in!

Options
Hey guys! I've been on the forums before, but haven't used MFP in about 4 years. I also haven't weighed myself in four years because of a phobia of the scale and being worried that I might have a full blown anxiety attack if I did. Well, I really wanted to track my progress and I worked up to weighing in (it took days of trying to reassure myself lol. So weird) and last night, after eating dinner and while fully dressed (which is the worst time to weigh in, I know) I suddenly got the confidence to just DO IT. I'm so glad I did! I'm not as heavy as I thought, and I wasn't even close to the number I was dreading. I was 6 lbs over my guestimate but well below the panic number. Still have about 45 lbs to lose, but now that I can track myself and make adjustments where needed, my goal will be easier.

So hi again! And here's to never avoiding the scale for so long that I let myself creep back up to 212 lbs! If you're nervous about weighing in, just do it! You might be surprised, and even if it's higher than you had hoped, use it as motivation!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Congratulations--you got lucky. Letting things go is usually not a good idea, and most people that dread weighing will find themselves alot heavier than they think. It's better to get serious, track your calorie intake accurately and move as much as you can. Welcome back and good luck.
  • FatMomRun
    FatMomRun Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Feel confident and assured, you got this!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good for you for facing your fears and taking steps to a healthier you
  • steviem85
    steviem85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I've always stayed active and kept up with my exercise even throughout these years of not weighing in, but my portion control went way out of control!!! I think that's why I gained, but didn't gain quite as much. I love working out! But food, and LOTS of it, is my weakness. I would eat enough in just one day to easily satisfy three grown adults! It's tough because food is my comfort. Trying to retrain myself and really get a handle on this issue. I don't want to eat until my stomach hurts and I can't pack anymore down lol. Weighing and measuring everything now!
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring to others. 1. You overcame your fear 2. You weighed less than you thought 3. You are making changes to your eating habit 4. You shared your story. WoW!!! Keep at it. You can do this.
  • steviem85
    steviem85 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring to others. 1. You overcame your fear 2. You weighed less than you thought 3. You are making changes to your eating habit 4. You shared your story. WoW!!! Keep at it. You can do this.

Thank you so much! I'd be glad if my post helped just one person to conquer their fears!