Fit Tea! Has anyone used it?

My Fitness Pal just sent out a newsletter/ email advertising Fit Tea Detox.

Should this be considered as an endorsement?

Has anyone tried it? And what are your thoughts or experiences?

Eager to know.

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    MFP sent it out? Are you sure?

But no, it's a waste of your money.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I've been here a year and never received a newsletter or email promoting a product like that. It might be a scam.
  • CherWill87
    CherWill87 Posts: 2 Member
    ASKyle wrote: »
    MFP sent it out? Are you sure?

But no, it's a waste of your money.

I always recieve newsletters from MFP so I am sure it is legit.

However, I just heard a lot about detox teas and was playing with the idea of trying it.

Thanks though.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Just a laxative. Laxative abuse can be very dangerous and lead to bigger issues. I'd steer clear. Just eat at a deficit and ignore the magic potions and poop tea.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    I clicked on this thread just for the comments... I've not been disappointed: "poop tea" ... LOL
    @Ready2Rock206
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    It is not from MFP. It is from a 3rd party that is using/hacking/tracking MFP users via cookies. I use adblock so I do not get them.

FitTea is snake oil. It is basically a combination of caffeine and a laxative. The laxative especially can cause serious issues. Temporarily it will make you poop a lot and give you diarrhea which can dehydrate you. Long term use of laxatives can cause your bowels to not work properly.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    So yes, it is a scam, and IS NOT sent out by MFP.

If you want similar effects for cheap, drink coffee and a laxative from the store, and wait by the toilet.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    I ordered the 14 day tea last week it was $55.00 Canadian with shipping and handling. Pretty expensive for a tea. I'll update results when I get it.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    MFP does not send "Newsletters". It is a scam. You should report it
  • nomesrumfelt
    nomesrumfelt Posts: 5 Member
    I ordered the 14 day tea last week it was $55.00 Canadian with shipping and handling. Pretty expensive for a tea. I'll update results when I get it.

please update us.
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    I clicked on this thread just for the comments... I've not been disappointed: "poop tea" ... LOL
    @Ready2Rock206

My thoughts exactly. Burst out laughing at work because she is so right.
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    omg I am also laughing about the poop tea! lol
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2016
    Update on FitTea.. it isn't a strong laxative and haven't had any effects of a laxative. After almost 20 days of having the tea every morning usually before or during breakfast I haven't had any significant changes.
    At 55.00$ for 28 tea bags plus shipping I wouldn't repurchase FitTea. I didn't have big expectations I wanted to see what the hype was about.. it smells and tastes nice but not really worth repurchasing. The company uses a lot of celebrities and Instagramers to promote the tea. I wanted to see what the hype was about and try it. Meh.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I see ads for this type of stuff on MFP all the time, but it's not an endorsement. It's the advertising program they use to support the site. I wouldn't be surprised if the company running the ads started direct marketing, assuming user e-mails are being sold to said company. Either that or it's just run-of-the-mill spam using MFP's name and logo. Whatever the case, the e-mail was NOT from MFP.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    it's a tea and a laxative... I prefer to buy normal or herbal tea, and eat fiber and it costs a LOT less... Also, for weight loss you already have mfp and it's free! :)