apple shape 9st3lb need advice how to rid belly fat

Options
Hi everyone im in desparate need of any kind of help. I have been trying for about 12 weeks to get a nice figure and iv lost 1st2lb so far. My problem is my belly its horrible :'( I dont no how to get rid of it I eat really healthy meals lots of fruit veg and protein. Dont eat anything that dosent grow out the ground or isent natural apart from the odd treats once a week I evercise half a hour on a exercise bike I do planks to try get a flatter tummy odd situps a bit of random exercise like yoga shaun t 25 on a night depending on my mood or how bored of the current exercise I am doing. N the belly wont piss off! What do I do please help me! Im sick haha

Replies

• jojobunny1
    jojobunny1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Even though you're eating healthy, if you don't weigh your food, you could be sabotaging all of that great exercise.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? The odds are that as an apple-shaped woman you're probably going to have to be on the lower side of body fat percentage in order to really lose your stomach. As an apple-shaped woman any extra weight goes to your stomach first. As you already know it's also the first place where you're going to gain it. So the solution is to maintain a lower body fat percentage. That means continuing to lose fat. If you are not already I would suggest doing some sort of resistance training like weight lifting or body weight exercises.
  • Allydgal
    Allydgal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also apple shaped, and I've dropped 7lbs since March, every where BUT my stomach. It's frustrating, but we just have to keep on moving. I do more weightlifting than I do cardio. I'm sure if I amped up my cardio I'd see a difference.
    I also drink 7 bottles of water a day, and that's kept my bloating down.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    9stone 3 would be perfect for me, but how tall are you? Maybe you just need to lose more weight, belly is usually fat.
  • katemetcalf12334
    katemetcalf12334 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im short :-( little 5foot 2 intches I am. I have had two babies aswell in the space of 2 and a half years but im sure I can get a flat stomach. In fact I will do what it takes to be confident again. Yes litrally any bit of weight I gain goes straight to my belly and boobs. I havent tried doing weights yet though. would that make much of a difference? I will try anything to loose the belly i hate having skinny legs skinny arms and a belly that just dosent match the rest of me. Im kind of like a fat skinny lol. Thank you guys so much for the advice though its so tough trying to figure out where to go from here or even what weight I need to be for a flat tummy to be happy again with the way I look.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I havent tried doing weights yet though. would that make much of a difference?

Yes.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Im short :-( little 5foot 2 intches I am. I have had two babies aswell in the space of 2 and a half years but im sure I can get a flat stomach. In fact I will do what it takes to be confident again. Yes litrally any bit of weight I gain goes straight to my belly and boobs. I havent tried doing weights yet though. would that make much of a difference? I will try anything to loose the belly i hate having skinny legs skinny arms and a belly that just dosent match the rest of me. Im kind of like a fat skinny lol. Thank you guys so much for the advice though its so tough trying to figure out where to go from here or even what weight I need to be for a flat tummy to be happy again with the way I look.

OK yes if you are built smaller try for less weight, maybe get body fat test to see how much you could safely lose, and YES lift weights if you can, or at least do heavier bodyweight work - hip thrusts on one leg, pushups, pullups, build up muscle. Fix the skinny arms and skinny legs, and shrink the middle some.

You don't need a flat tummy to be happy with your body, though! Be happy it produced two healthy kids and that you can still move around and work out and nothing hurts. That's a good body.
  • katemetcalf12334
    katemetcalf12334 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much blues4miles ★