Seeing a Nutritionalist???

Options
LysaK1980
LysaK1980 Posts: 20 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
Has anyone seen or is currently seeing a nutritionalist? If so, do you feel it is/was helpful in your journey?

Honestly, I'm feeling defeated at the moment and my end goal is seeming unachievable. I recently went to my doctor with concerns because I'm having such a hard time losing weight. She ran some blood work to test for thyroid levels, polycystic ovary syndrome, glucose levels, and liver and kidney function. Everything came back normal so now she's referring me to see a nutritionalist. I'm curious to hear testimonies from others who have seen one.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Find yourself a dietician. ....they at least spent time at university. Nutritionist can get a certificate online after an hour "training"
  • rockymytdeb
    rockymytdeb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am currently seeing one. She has been educating me on how my body handles various foods, has helped with my macros, holds me accountable.
  • LysaK1980
    Options
    Thanks!
  • LysaK1980
    Options
    My doctor gave me a referral and they called yesterday to set up my appointment. The earliest they can see me is July 29! Three months away....seriously?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If there's nothing seriously wrong with you, and you just want to lose weight and improve your health, all you need is to eat in a sustained calorie deficit and get in proper nutrition. I peeked at your diary - I would lose some of the booze and crackers and the Coffeemate, and tighten up logging; weigh everything, in grams.