Headphone problem

Options
I need advice on quality headphones for running. They need to be sweAt/water resistant bc my head pours out water while I'm running and something that will stay in my ears bc the sweat makes those suckers pop out. I'm on my third pair and am willing to spend some money in order to get a decent pair. Advice please!! Thanks :)

Replies

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I hate ear buds. I can't keep 'em in even when my ears are dry.

Personally, I like the old fashioned over-the-ear kind that I can wipe down occasionally with disinfectant. Oh, and my current pair are Hello Kitty because I'm just awesome that way. 9hdnutv82801.jpg
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have various $20 pair of sony 's that loop over my ear. I run and am a head sweater too. I've had them for 2 years. No issues.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have the Bose SIE2 which are great, my son has Philip SHQ3200 which he prefers over the Bose he sweats profusely. I like both.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Skull candy & wear a sweat band over your ears to keep them in. & soak up all your excess sweat! Lol!
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just use the skull candy earbuds. I sweat like crazy and used to have that problem with my stock apple earbuds. But ever since I bought the skull candy earbuds with the little jelly part for the earbud, I haven't had a problem with them staying in at all!
  • baracoa
    baracoa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use yurbuds, they are water resistant and wireless.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The best ones I have found are some gummy ones for £5!
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I also use the earbuds that have a molded rubber loop over each ear. They stay firmly in place regardless of how vigorous i'm going or how sweaty i get. i got mine for about $20 at the nearby drugstore.
  • yoyeen1981
    yoyeen1981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought these recently: http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSport-ear-headphones-Charcoal/dp/B0117RFPCC/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

They completely stay in your ear. They have these little plastic ear pieces that go outside your ear to keep them in place. The one that came already attached to the earbuds were medium and they had a pack of small and large in the box if you want to switch them out. I was so used to jamming my earbuds in my ear that these were a bit of an adjustment. They lightly rest in your ear and almost beam in the sound or something. They don't feel like they're in your ear, but they are and totally stay in place.

My boyfriend has the same pair and he sweats profusely. They've held up. He even left a nice testimonial on the Bose FB page about them because he loves them so.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    +1 for over ear headphones. I got some £30 bludio bluetooth headphones and they are surprisingly good, to say they are so cheap, and bluetooth. Great for running/working out with.

I too pour water out of my head and they are holding up just fine, had them for around 5 months now.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Plantronics Backbeat Fit! They are amazing. Water/sweat resistant (you can even rinse them off as they are waterproof enough to withstand 1 metre of water for 30 minutes), incredibly comfortable, secure, they let ambient sound in so you are aware of your surroundings, wireless, good sound, good battery life....
  • neogramps
    neogramps Posts: 79 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I got a pair of these https://amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-headphones-SoundPEATS-QY7-bluetooth/dp/B01E38SXZS/ on recommendation from r/fitness - they're great; decent sound, splashproof and 5-6 hour charge, and frees me up from dangly cables. They come with a selection of heads and hooks to keep them in your ears. Keeps them in even if i'm dangling upside down!
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    my favourite ones were just cheap JVC ones, the Haeb75s - here's a link to have a look: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003CQE2PS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I loved them because the clip did the job and kept the bud firmly in your ear, and the clip's also adjustable, as very rarely does one size fit all.
    I'm currently using these, also by JVC: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KQ9L5M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    These are also a good pair of earbuds, I bought them because the above pair became temporarily unavailable, they fit nicely and have actually lasted longer than the above pair.
    These are good if you don't want to be splashing the cash, especially if you tend to go throuh earphones pretty quickly like I do, and will probably need replacements every 6 months or so from repeatedly sitting/standing on them, dropping them, etc. etc.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I had $300 in Apple Store credit from recycling some iPhones; I used it to get the Beats wireless. Oh, my gosh--the sound is incredible. When I sweat I just wipe the ear pads off.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I use the skull candy sport ones. Never had a problem with them falling out from sweating, just from me being stupid and hooking the cord and yanking it out myself lol
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    JayBird BlueBuds X. Bluetooth so there are no wires running to the phone. The battery will easily last a full marathon.

jaybird_bluebudx-inthebox.jpg
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was about to recommend almost the same product as ^^^. Wireless headphones are a must-have for runners. Headphone cords are obnoxious. Jaybirds are a great brand with helpful customer service.

Jaybird wireless earbuds are perfect. I've run multiple races, including a marathon (in the pouring rain), and I love these. They never fall out, and I've done the entire Insanity program (tons of jumping, etc.). They are worth every penny. Here are the ones I have:

http://www.probikekit.com/electronics/earphones-headphones/jaybird-jf4-freedom-sprint-bluetooth-sports-earphones-midnight-black/11153536.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_technology&affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=USD&shippingcountry=US&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6Ya5BRDdyOewyo_Z_64BEiQA-fVKe2RCjOD_5ogdKzAMgjMCUfHxnIDpMZ6daoXyUhMQQpoaAlmJ8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLvr-NLPscwCFQwFaQod-T8Ebg
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have Beats ear buds and have tried every size of the rubber ear pieces that came with it and none stay in. Constantly shoving them back in. So disappointed!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    After trying a few things I have gone back to wired headphones because:

1. One less thing to remember to charge
    2. Less faffing about as they don't fall out need pushing back in ear every 5 seconds
    3. Sound quality

3 for me was the big thing. I'd rather run without music than run with music with poor sound quality.

These are my "out and about" headphones and I think they are great:

AKG Y50